Ordinary Day

Ordinary Day

A Chapter by Lara Gallo
"

Get to know the purpouse of the amazing island of Mijungh. (Chapter 1 of the series Mijungh)

"
The clock ticked three fifteen. I couldn't pay attention to what the teacher was saying, I just wanted the class to be over. I slowly rolled my eyes through the class, geting to the big and dirty windows. The rain was falling outside, I could see the lightnings cutting the grey sky and thunders shaking the glass of the windows. "Mister Griffer? Mister Griffer?!" Suddently I turn around and see the old teacher looking at me with her grey shaded eyes, holding the glasses in her hand and pointing at the board. "What is the capital of Oklahoma?" She asked very serious, as if I got that answer wrong she would kill me. "It's Oklahoma City" I was very confident, she couldn't have asked me something easyer. After enjoing my self for telling the teacher the right answer, I continued looking at the window.
On my way back home, I was looking through the window, watching the adverts about Mijungh. "Today is the day!", "It may be you!", "Who will be chosen to go to the deam island?". All this lies around the people, but they are to naive to understand. Maybe it is a dream, but once you get there, your family won't be there, you will be alone in the middle of nowhere and no way back What do you do then? How to survive there? For me, this is just a way for the governament to get rid of people. They are tired of paying for people and scared of revolutions.
Before going to bed, I thought again about the Island. The governament  would chose five people to go to an unknown place, where you have to live for the rest of your life. It may be someone from your family, there is no way to know. The worst part is, if someone you like is the chosen one, you will never get to say goodbye, in the blink of an eye, you can lose everything that matters for you, in the blink of an eye, you could be away from everything and everyone you know. Going to sleep is dangerous, becouse you may never wake up, and if you do, it will be like hell. This is how it works, ten random people are chosen to be part of the program, but only five can survive. If you are "lucky" to stay alive, your family won't find your dead body, they won't find your body at all.


© 2015 Lara Gallo


Author's Note

Lara Gallo
Ignore grammar problems, it's my first text, so it would mean a lot for me if you left your review, so I can improve

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on March 2, 2015
Last Updated on March 2, 2015


Author

Lara Gallo
Lara Gallo

Brazil



About
Hello! Here is a little bit about me: Writing is my passion, I would love doing it everyday, I like fantasy stories, adventure, crime and sci-fi. My favourite writer is J.R.R. Tolkien, I love the i.. more..

Writing
The nightmare The nightmare

A Chapter by Lara Gallo


Mijungh Mijungh

A Book by Lara Gallo