The nightmare

The nightmare

A Chapter by Lara Gallo
"

Waking up, five teenagers have a huge surprise that will change their lifes forever

"
March 14, first day

The man ran as fast as he could, no matter what, he had to get away from that beast. It had been following him the whole night. Suddently, in front of him, a man appears. "Hey! Hey!" The man said, no expression, no face "Wake up!" Wait... wake up? Out of the blue a river comes with huge waves and... the man is drowning. Each time closer... closer... and
"Wake up!" I get up scared, it was a dream, just a dream. But... I'm wet. I look up and a boy is standing there. What is he doing in my house? When did he got here? Why is my house... green? And... full of leaves? "We are in Mijungh" said the boy, "I'm Aaron. Griffer." I couldn't understand, I couldn't speak. Mijungh? That means that... my family... will I ever see them again? "I'm... Piper. Mason. But you can call me Pip" That's all I could say, I was cold, sad, wet, angry. Why me? Why I survived? Aaron was looking at me. His ginger soft hair was wet, and his blue eyes red, most likely he was crying. "Are you ok?" He asked softly, standing his hand so I could get up. "Of couse she is! She woke up with cold water, knowing that she will never see her family again and will probably die here,  but sure, she is fine!" I held Aaron's hand, got up and look by my side. A tall boy was standing, his black hair was shining to light of the sun as his black deep eyes looked at me. I supposed he was the one who answerd Aaron. "I'm fine, thanks" I said at least. A girl came from the woods, "We have breakfast!" She walked slowly towards me, standed her hand and said "Hi, I'm Aubree!" I took a while to shake her hand since she was holding a dead squirrel in her left hand. "Hi, I'm Piper" I said hesitating to shake her hand. "That's all you got?" The boy with dark hair got out of the shadows "I could have a cheetah". I felt like I wouldn't like him, Aubree was about to answer him when a blond boy got out of the shadows "Sure, if cheetahs lived in jungles" I was very confused, there were many people, I didn't knew them and they were all there, as if they had already got usted to the place. Aaron told me the blond boy was Jamie and the dark haired one was Theo. 

As the time passed, we started talking, getting to know each other. We were going to the river, and from the river we would try to survive and get out of there. 

As the night came, we lighted up a fire and laid in the cold ground, looking at the stars. Jamie was the first one to fall a sleep, then Aubree and Aaron. I couldn't sleep. My family was everything for me, and now they are gone. Theo turned his head in my direction "Do you belive in God?" I looked at him, trying to understand why would he talk to me if he ignored me the whole day "hum... no. Do you?" He turned his head back to the stars "I do. I know he exists, and he is somewere up there, looking after us." I watched the stars. Would there really be a God? Is He really up there? "Well, try to get some sleep Happy" I knew I had to sleep, otherwise I wouldn't make it tomorrow. "You too" Were my last words, after that, I fell a sleep like a rock.

March 15, second day

I woke up early, still, not the first one to wake up. A sitted, looked around. To my left side, Jamie was sleeping near Aubree and Theo was away from them, and to my right side, Aaron was fishing very patiently. "How did you sleep?" I got scared when he asked me, how did he knew I was awake? "Err... fine. And you?" I said, getting up and stretching "Could have been better..." a walked slowly, dragging some leaves in my shoes, as I walked, birds flew around me singing, my eyes followed them as they got back to the trees. A set by the side of Aaron, in a rock near a small water fall. The sound of the water falling and crashing to stones made me relaxed, I watched as some fish jumped the water fall, and, before going back to the water, Aarom catched him "That's our breakfast" I found the commentary particularly agressive and unecessary. He looked at me and smiled "Don't be sad, he would die anyway, that eagle had it's eye in this little guy. I just helped him suffer less". "Hey, Ginger, you are bringing our breakfast or what?" We turned around and found Theo standing, looking at us. Aaron got up and before I could get up, he looked at me, smiled and standed his hand. I took it and we both walked towards our "camp". Theo set the fire and we put the fish there. With the smell, Jamie end Aubree got up too, joinig us for our breakfast.

In the afternoon we walked more and more till Jamie dicided to make a compass. We tried to stop him telling we just had to watch the sun, but he was determined to do it. We had everything he needed to do it. After about half an hour, each of us had a compass, so we continued our journey as Theo complained about the wast of time to do the compass.

As the sun was setting, the cold started to hit us. We had stoped in a place near the water to make our camp and light a fire. The night was comming, and we knew the cold would only get worse. We talked a lot about or lives before Mijungh and what we would do next. We decided then, go to sleep and get warm to continue our path in the woods the next morning.


© 2015 Lara Gallo


Author's Note

Lara Gallo
Please, I would like very much to know who is your favourite character!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on March 2, 2015
Last Updated on March 2, 2015


Author

Lara Gallo
Lara Gallo

Brazil



About
Hello! Here is a little bit about me: Writing is my passion, I would love doing it everyday, I like fantasy stories, adventure, crime and sci-fi. My favourite writer is J.R.R. Tolkien, I love the i.. more..

Writing
Ordinary Day Ordinary Day

A Chapter by Lara Gallo


Mijungh Mijungh

A Book by Lara Gallo