2. Cold Outside

2. Cold Outside

A Chapter by LauraH
"

yah

"

Red went downstairs and yanked the basket that her mum had packed with, by the smell of it, hot chicken, warm ham and an avocado but Red knew there was more food inside the basket. Red said by to Janette and ran out the door and jumped on her bike, she rode down the lane leading to her house and out the gate onto the road by the time she got to the beginning of the woods she started feeling very cold, so she jumped off her bike and placed it against a tree. Red opened the food basket hoping that a bit of hot chicken would warm her up, hopefully her mum wouldn't ask grandma about the three drumsticks. Red dug down into the basket trying to find they chicken, as she was looking in the basket she saw a tomato, a big ball of lettuce, some cold sausages that Granny could cook up, some eggs, a carton of juice, a bottle of milk, some multigrain bread and a big cheese. The chicken was right at the bottom but underneath was a big, thick, wolly, black, long jumper. Red was really pleased that there was a jumper, so she decided to quickly grab it and put it on, it fit her like a coat. Red also grabbed a drumstick and gobbled that up as fast as lighting. She dropped the chicken bone and burried it with the dirt and twigs at her feet. Red continued through the forest the rain was coming down even harder, Red couldn't ride through all this rain. She wanted to find shelter but there was nothing, Red started riding in any direction and after about 2 minutes of pouring rain on her, she found a house, it looked empty which was good. Red rode towards the house and parked her bike against a post on the Pine wood varandah. Red looked around the verandah and saw two floral rockingchairs, that looked old and worn out and a gardening rack with all sorts of gardening tools. Red walked towards the screen door and opened it. The door behind it was already open so Red just walked in. Inside there was a four-poster bed with a curtain around the bed, there was an old radio and a Tv set with a red, velvet armchair. Red walked out of the bedroom and walked into the kitchen, the kitchen was very small, it had a small sink with a window above it, an old fridge, some cupboards that had been painted green and a little table. Red next walked into the bathroom, it had a shower/bath, an old toilet and a little sink. Red walked back into the bedroom and sat down on the armchair. There was no remote to the TV so Red had to work it from the TV, she put on a random channel and watched it for a few minutes until she heard.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!!!!"

 

 



© 2009 LauraH


Author's Note

LauraH
UM YEAH IGNORE GRAMMAR AND SPELLING FOR EVERYTHING

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

well, it's not just the simple grammar and spelling mistakes, it's also the run-on sentences...they make the story seem very flighty and childish. if you clean up some of the phrases, separate them and use periods and semicolons, this story would be a lot more presentable, k? as for the plot so far, it seems interesting.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

your too cool.

Posted 12 Years Ago


also, you obviously have a knack for specific descriptions, so kudos to you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

well, it's not just the simple grammar and spelling mistakes, it's also the run-on sentences...they make the story seem very flighty and childish. if you clean up some of the phrases, separate them and use periods and semicolons, this story would be a lot more presentable, k? as for the plot so far, it seems interesting.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2009
Last Updated on February 15, 2009


Author

LauraH
LauraH

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
♥♥Hi, I Laura and I love writing, I like netball and soccer, I HATE handwriting and writing is my best subject. I love YouTube and Gmail and i know I'm going to love this site too! I hav.. more..

Writing
Prologue. Prologue.

A Chapter by LauraH


Chapter 1. Chapter 1.

A Chapter by LauraH


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by LauraH