Chapter 1.

Chapter 1.

A Chapter by LauraH
"

First chapter.

"

Monday mornings. The worst day for an attempt to get up. I dread the moment when I can hear a vibrating sound in my dreams, only to wake up and realise it’s my iPhone buzzing against my desk, blaring “Glad you came”, my 6:30am alarm. To make things worse, it’s raining. All I want to do is pull my doona over my head and cocoon myself in the warmth.  The pitter pattering of the rain against my roof is comforting, as are the rain drops slide slowly down my window pane. I can hear the footsteps downstairs, busily getting ready for the day ahead. I reach over to my desk and grab my phone, sliding to unlock and checking my twitter newsfeed. I quickly get bored so I put my phone back and sit up on my mattress. Something seems wrong…

Pulling on my adidas track jacket and race downstairs barefoot, on the freezing tiles. It takes some time for my eyes to adjust to the light of the kitchen. Suitcases are piled up on the bench, making it hard to see around them.

“Uh hello?” I reluctantly speak out.

My mum’s head pops out from behind the suitcases.

“Good morning! How was your sleep?”

Toast pops out from the toaster and she grabbed a plate from the cupboard down below.

“Fine thanks. What are these suitcases for..?”

She points behind herself to the table without looking.

“Read that.”

I walk over to the table and lift up a folder, inspecting it closely.

“I said read it not just examine it.”

Opening the flap, at once all these papers fall out. I bend down shuffling everything together when I notice something. Plane tickets.

“You’re going to Spain?!?!” Something grabs at my stomach inside of me.

She chuckles slightly to herself. “Not just me! You guys are coming too. I booked everything last night.”

A small sense of relief washes over me. Yet I’m still quite unsure.

“Oh. This is all too quick. Do V and Zack know? What about school?” What about Chynna and Juli…? I leave that last bit out as mum doesn’t really enjoy them being my company.

“Yes I told them this morning as soon as they woke up. They’re very excited. Don’t you worry your little head about school, I called your principal and he said it’s fine. Besides, it’s only for 3 weeks!” She comes over and tries to hug me but I step back instinctively.

“When are we leaving?” I hug my arm sub consciously.

Her face has tightened. “In 15 minutes, go upstairs and get dressed! I’ve already packed your things.”

Shuffling away without a word, I mindlessly walk up the stairs. It’s like I’m dreaming. Am I actually getting away from this town? I know it’s not forever but wow. I close my bedroom door and peer into my cupboard, there’s not much left to choose from. Mum must have come in while I was sleeping and raided my cupboard. I pull on my skinny jeans and a baseball shirt, slip into my vans without putting on socks. I hate socks. I can’t even look at them and I really have no idea why.

Tweeting goodbye to all my followers and sending quick texts to Juli and Chynn, telling them what has happened in a nutshell. Immediately I get replies saying “naww we’ll miss you! Stay safe! Xxx” and “oh have fun! Send us postcards! :) xx <3”. The last text was a bit pointless, seeing as I’ve never been to their houses or know their address. I sigh and once again, retreat downstairs.

Mum, Veronique and Zack are chatting amongst themselves, and it seems that they’re ready. A car horn is heard outside.

“Oh! The taxi is here! Come on everyone let’s go!” Mum goes around the house for a double check, in case she’s missed anything important. I grab my suitcase and lead it outside behind V and Zack. The rain has gotten worse, and when I say worse, I mean better. The driver heaves it into the boot and opens the door for us to get in. As I squish in beside Zack, he burps and the whole car begins to smell.

“Gross! You little t**d, you didn’t have to do that!” Veronique shouts at him while my mind wanders.

I wonder why we’re going to Spain. I didn’t even remember to ask. And I probably won’t. Mum doesn’t like being questioned.

I glance over to Zack and V. They’ve stopped fighting. V has gone back to texting her boyfriend.

Zack looks up at me. “Hey Mati isn’t this gonna be so much fun? We haven’t been on holidays since… since…” Since dad left. We stopped talking after that and he awkwardly reached for his Nintendo DS. Mum and the driver hopped into the car.

“To the International Airport please. Terminal C thanks.” And we pulled out of the drive way.



© 2012 LauraH


Author's Note

LauraH
ignore grammar and spelling.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on June 3, 2012
Last Updated on June 3, 2012
Tags: a secret love teenage trouble ch


Author

LauraH
LauraH

Sydney, NSW, Australia



About
♥♥Hi, I Laura and I love writing, I like netball and soccer, I HATE handwriting and writing is my best subject. I love YouTube and Gmail and i know I'm going to love this site too! I hav.. more..

Writing
Prologue. Prologue.

A Chapter by LauraH


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by LauraH


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by LauraH