How angels lose thier wings

How angels lose thier wings

A Poem by "Fanatical Dreamer"

They don’t want a broken heart,

neither do they want to play

the broken hearted role.

So they leave their wounded heart

in a hidden corner, hoping its healing gradually grows.

Keeping away from The Passionate,

afraid that their bleeding heart,

places a stain on ones appealing clothes.

Submissively they sit next to their Heart Breaker’s,

hoping to give them a renewal

of the heart they once broke.

Sometimes this could be their last breath,

the breath that breathes for better or for worst.

When ones heart is repeatedly taken for granted,

their weakness sometimes draws them,

to a place, beyond their control...








© 2013 "Fanatical Dreamer"


Author's Note

 "Fanatical Dreamer"
An experience that made me realize how some people change, and the reason behind infidelity, divorce and adultery

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I appreciate the emotion of this piece. I think you have a future so please continue to write!

Posted 10 Years Ago


 "Fanatical Dreamer"

10 Years Ago

Thank you, I appreciate those words very much
I agree with you on this and with Jack, the heart once wounded makes people become very different people.

Posted 10 Years Ago


 "Fanatical Dreamer"

10 Years Ago

Thanks you for your review
The heart, a very difficult organ to understand. It is easily melted and just as easily broken. Very nicely done my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


 "Fanatical Dreamer"

10 Years Ago

Thank you Jack for your time and review
I've learned in life that without a mutual balance in relationships, they simply don't function or last very long. What happens when a bond gets to that straining point varies like the wind, yet something always does happen. I think that your piece conveys the set up imagery and feelings very nicely.

I can't find much of anything to suggest that might make this piece better than what you've crafted. I suppose if I had to find one thing it would be line 5. I'd get ride of the word "that." It's a filler word and just takes up space but doesn't change the imagery or feeling of that particular line.

I loved the descriptors you used in the piece. That use of those coloring words such as, "wounded heart," and "appealing clothes," along with the defined titles of "The Passionate," and "The Heart Breaker," really solidified the power of your poem.

Overall I felt your piece came across very well presented, on both the visual as well as the emotional levels. Yet, I'll be honest. If it hadn't been for your Author's Note, I wouldn't have been able to tell that the piece was dealing with the subject that it was. The first feeling I got from the piece was that it was about how a people simply take the hits an abusive relationship, on the basis of their hope that one day things will get better. The last four lines spoke to me of how a person simply gets to the final point and gives up. It doesn't convey the tie in with the concept of infidelity or divorce or adultery. It's like the poem was the forshadow of that, but not really getting to it. Just my thoughts on the overall effect of the piece.

Great Ink!
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 10 Years Ago


 "Fanatical Dreamer"

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your time and review I'll give it some thought

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 28, 2013
Last Updated on October 29, 2013


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..