Glass Door

Glass Door

A Story by Dali Stroesser
"

My first short short story.

"
     I gave him a quick hug. The warmth of the embrace filled me for a second, then I let go and stepped back. He leaned against the glass door with his hands on his elbows and smiled the weak smile of someone who was about to leave you, and possibly never come back. Thunder growled from the heavy, gray clouds that slid lazily across the sky, and the headlights of his car tried to shine through the thick rain. The chill that swam in the air clung to my skin and gave me goosebumps. I rubbed my arms and became vaguely aware of my bony shoulders. He was looking down at the floor, then shifted awkwardly to stare at the bulletin board. I came over to him and put my hand on his arms, and looked at his face. It appeared pale in the dull, lifeless room, and his eyes took on a dark gray. He looked up and his smile almost faded, remaining but a sorrow-stricken line. Then he ungracefully grabbed me and pulled me up against him. My arms were crushed between us, but I stood without protest. I thought I felt him shake, like he was crying. I suddenly felt like a cool, fresh strawberry breeze just swept through my lungs and I took a long, shivering breath. My mind cleared and I slowly pulled my hands up and hugged him back. I wanted to clutch him tight like a little girl would her favorite pillow. I relaxed and let my chin rest on his shoulder. I started thinking how similar this was to so many movies, but immediately ignored the thought. All I could think about now was him. Our bodies traded a certain gentle warmth and the room seemed a little bit brighter, though the rain had long begun to pound on the gravel parking lot outside. We listened to each other breath for a long minute, then let go. I stared after him through the cold, wet door as he sluggishly got into his car and left.

© 2010 Dali Stroesser


Author's Note

Dali Stroesser
ignore it's one-big-paragraphness, please

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved it!!! The only thing I could change is explaining how his headlight are shining in but he's standing right there... Other than that it was great!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


i love how you made the atmosphere so gray and lifeless , but still filled with emotions and longing. it's beautiful in a dark way , and i'd love to see a short film or something of the likes similar to this :) well done !

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 10, 2010
Last Updated on October 10, 2010

Author

Dali Stroesser
Dali Stroesser

USA. home of the brave, MN



About
I'm Pentecostal, Acts 2:38 (if you're curious, browse upci.org ). My favorite animal is horses and I love to draw. I'm good at math but I don't like it that much. *** I take no credit for my prof.. more..

Writing