(brainstormer)

(brainstormer)

A Story by Dali Stroesser
"

The workshop for 'The Wolves of Naeden'.... It's working out for me! a really different way to start writing a story than most writers do, but it's original.

"
jumble
wolves     self-sacrifice     beautiful     saved     died     forest     North     cold winters     summers     running and hiding     bleak     safe moments     mysterious     tyrant     close escape     torn pack     pine     woods     love     friendship     lose     lost     heart-broken     gentle     hunting     birds     safety     captured and killed     sorrow     drama     growing relationships     selfish     doomed     hopeless or not     the end     unforeseen     unforgettable     unfortunate     3rd person omniscient     several characters     switches around     inspiring     emotional     descriptive     NOT CREEPY     not always a way out     gave up     left alone     few battles     enemy of another species     NO PEOPLE     try to be organic     one "main" character     epilogue?     FINISH     Chronicles of Narnia     fantasy names
names ( http://dicelog.com/yafnag ) main characters
Spelebrill     Celyk     Orpe     Irvyth     Brannth     Spris     Raier     White     Ossica     Sammink     Cymi     Bellin     Karag     Sega     Ragil     Sirio     Padys     Azziel     Gilla     Faris     Falloyna     Gweth     Shian     Quinth     Nemaytli     Sentius     Tegan     Seigur     Okre     Algoi     Kenthi     Reos     Gala     Chardus     Cunodri
settings ( http://dicelog.com/yafnag ; http://www.dwheeler.com/totro.html )
Naeden

     
beautiful   garden   willow trees
crystal river   colorful   green
like a dream   water   clear
safe   warm   hidden   gentle
winter- still beautiful, icicles and snow






Reime

huge   seemingly endless   quiet
little protection   dangerous
soft   vast   easy to get lost
hiding place   known for the sequoias
winter- little snow   summer- not very warm






Chaelma

mysterious   peaceful   flowers
little streams everywhere
breezy   good hunting
lots of trees   pup-raising place
dens by streams   winter- normal
summer- normal






Brynn

mountain   always cold   snowy
caves   cliffs   occasional avalanche
few cold streams   summer- streams overflow
dangerous   windy   few trees





#1   White advises Spelebrill wrong and they lead the pack into Reime.
#2   In Reime, they meet an old, white wolf who's name is Ossica. White and Ossica become close friends.
#3   Ossica teaches them how to survive in Reime and shows them the way out, but Ossica's daughter kills him in secret. (Ossica had to let his mate die, but Sammink blindly hates him because she thought he didn't care- and swore to kill him)
#4   After Sammink kills Ossica,  she leads Irvyth to her side as the pack travels slowly through the forest towards Brynn.
#5   Irvyth is tricked into doing something he would have never wanted to do.
#6   Spelebrill is challenged by Orpe, who thinks he's not good enough to be the alpha.
#7   Celyk, Orpe's mate, thinks she has talked Orpe out of his anger towards Spelebrill.
#8   Irvyth comes back to the pack on a secret mission for Sammink as they reach Brynn. The others think he simply got lost and found them again.
#9   Spris is in love with Irvyth, but she does not know about Sammink. The pack has to adjust to mountain life.
#10   The pack finally finds a set of caves on Brynn, but Brannth and Raier are wounded badly by a mountain lion. Raier is close to death but they stick together to shelter from the bitter cold.
#11   Celyk soon finds herself closer to Brannth as she takes care of him in duty, and Orpe threatens to kill him if they stay together. Spelebrill and Raier grow fonder of each other, too. The days are still frigid with icy winds.
#12   An small avalanche takes White and Spris as they are hunting to Sammink's cave, where Irvyth happens upon them with Sammink.
#13   Sammink targets White as a friend of her father when Irvyth isn't willing to kill him, but Spris stands in the way.
#14   Spris offers herself to be killed instead of White, and Sammink agrees.
#15   Sammink fatally wounds her, and leaves her to die slowly. Spris pleads with Irvyth to finish her. Irvyth takes her life out of love and buries her deep under the snow. Sammink's anger is finally satisfied, and she leaves for good.
#16   As the pack moves down the south side of Brynn towards Chaelma, Orpe finally blows and rebels. Spelebrill, after worrying about what Orpe might do, is caught by surprise and Celyk fights Orpe to save him. Meanwhile, Spelebrill and Raier have fallen in love.
#17   Celyk kills Orpe, and goes off to mourn. Raier, being her best friend, goes with her.
#18   At the base of Brynn, the pack crosses paths with another wandering pack.
#19   The alpha of the other pack (Quinth, Tegan, Cunodri, Faris, Gweth) , Quinth, asks permission to join packs and travel together to Naeden.
#20   Spelebrill eagerly accepts, as does everybody else. However, they have to stay in Chaelma through the winter before they can travel again.
#21   Quinth tells Spelebrill and the pack about his pack's travels. They find they were going on almost the same route as Spelebrill's pack.
#22   Irvyth quietly asks Cunodri if she knew about Sammink. Sammink and Cunodri were sisters. Irvyth falls into himself like a turtle in its shell. Tegan comes back from a hunting trip with funny scratches, but he claims he just slipped and fell down a rocky slope.
#23   White falls for Gweth, and Raier and Faris become friends. Brannth and Tegan, however, become enemies because Tegan is constantly sucking up to Celyk.
#24   Celyk eventually backs away from them both, and hangs around with White and Gweth.
#25   Spring brings food and mates. Spelebrill and Raier and White and Gweth become mates. The hunting is going well, and Cunodri manages to bring Irvyth out of his shell.
#26   As they slowly continue towards Naeden, Tegan begins to act strangely (He is infected with rabies). Quinth immediately recognizes the symptoms and explains the disease to the rest of the pack. They keep their distance from him.
#27   The pack is on the edge of Chaelma, and Tegan falls into a coma. They carry him into Naeden and he silently dies. He is buried in Naeden, and the pack stays there in a series of caves by a river.

© 2010 Dali Stroesser


Author's Note

Dali Stroesser
This is the workshop for my newest and probably most successful book, The Wolves of Naeden. it's basically my thought process when I brainstorm....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
Added on November 12, 2010
Last Updated on November 13, 2010

Author

Dali Stroesser
Dali Stroesser

USA. home of the brave, MN



About
I'm Pentecostal, Acts 2:38 (if you're curious, browse upci.org ). My favorite animal is horses and I love to draw. I'm good at math but I don't like it that much. *** I take no credit for my prof.. more..

Writing