Adana

Adana

A Chapter by Liarose
"

Chapter five

"

Adana

A letter appears before us today. Starling finds it on the porch. “Ooo! We’ve got mail!”

She hops into the kitchen where I take the letter. My coven sisters gather around me as I tear it open. “To the girls of coven house three. Burn this letter after reading.” At that some girls lean in closer. “There is a rebel gang of faeries outside of Fey City. We are completely against the Queen’s decision to let imps into the city. We invite you, due to requests among the refugees, to join us. More will be explained upon your arrival if you do choose to join.

If you choose to come do the following before midnight tonight; light a single candle in the window of your wind faerie’s bedroom, pack only your most precious belongings only if you’re able to carry them, and be awake and ready to leave your house at 1 am. A faerie will meet you at your door and escort you to our camp. If you wish not to join then do none of these things, simple as that.

I hope to see you here at our Anti-faerie Queen camp. On behalf of the fellow refugees this is Agues wishing you a safe day.”

I flip over the letter, but there’s no more written on it, though there is another, smaller folded letter.

To Xana

“Xana,” I hold the letter out, “it’s addressed to you.” She gingerly takes it. She turns around and opens it. None of the girls look over her shoulder except for Kiri, which I snap my fingers at her in scorn and she looks away.

Nerina grabs my arm and squeezes it hard. “Do you think that’s where Gill is?!”

“Oh and Draco too?!” pipes Fleur.

I keep my face complacent. “Maybe, but we can’t be sure.”

“Yeah,” says Sora with nervousness shaking her voice slightly. “I mean what if this is a trick. What if the Queen is testing our loyalty?”

“This could be true,” I agree.

“But I think it’s genuine!” squeaks Jinx.

“Yeah me too,” agrees Starling. Aleen and Cecile nod.

“Well we’ll have to take all of this into account when we’re-”

I’m suddenly cut off by Xana as she rips the letter out of my hand. She struts up to the fire place and throws both the letter addressed to her and the one to the whole coven. “Hey!” cries Kiri.

Xana turns around; her eyes are aglow and her face is as hard as ice. “We’re going,” she says stubbornly.

“What?!” I’m not sure who yells this.

“But what if it’s a test?!” asks Sora.

“It’s not,” she says flatly. “This is real. That letter was from Demetri. He, his coven and Gill’s are already at the camp.” Nerina laughs in relief. “We are going.”

“But why? Why should we go?” asks Aleen with a panicky voice.

“Because, I hate the Queen. Her reign of terror is long overdue. I want to take that b***h down.” She emphasizes each word with clear and unadulterated loathing.

“Why?” asks Cecile in authentic puzzlement.

“Because-” She gags on her words. She doubles over and coughs. “I can’t tell you while in Fey City. I truly can’t! I’m sorry, but that’s how it is.”

“What is?” asks Fleur frantically.

Xana opens her mouth, but gags again. She clutches her stomach and doubles over again. With tears in the corners of her eyes she looks at us in desperation. “Please, we have to go. I’m in danger; we’re all in danger. Please!”

Sometimes I call Xana out for being too rash, for making decisions too fast; I guess now I’m a bit of a hypocrite. “Sora go get a candle and put it on your wind sill. Aleen, light it. Everyone, pack up. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but we’re leaving Fey City.”



© 2012 Liarose


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on December 1, 2012
Last Updated on December 1, 2012
Tags: faeries, faerie, fairy, fairies, fey creatures, imps, magic, elements, fantasy


Author

Liarose
Liarose

PA



About
Hi! I'm Liarose and I like to write. I have a deviantart account, but I decided to also add my writing here. I'm a dancer and most of my time is spent dancing, writing and on tumblr. I seriously dont .. more..

Writing
Clue Clue

A Story by Liarose


The Huntress The Huntress

A Story by Liarose


Fleur Fleur

A Chapter by Liarose





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5