Xana VI

Xana VI

A Chapter by Liarose
"

Epilogue

"

Epilogue

Xana VI

“Percy! You get down from that tree right now! And where is Jack?”

“He’s up here too!”

I sigh. “Then both of you come down, dinner will be ready in a minute!”

“Coming!”

I don’t wait for them to come down before I walk back into the house. Adana takes my elbow. “Need help?”

I chuckle. “No no, I’m fine. How about you go yell at the boys to get down from that Nixie forsaken tree; they always get their wings tangled with the branches and leaves.”

She laughs. “On it sis.”

“Mommy!” pipes Vienna.

“Yeah lovely?”

She flips her dark blue hair out of her face. “Can I feel the baby’s foot again?”

I giggle. “Sure, but she’s not kicking right now.”

“She’ll kick for me!” Vienna climbs up on the couch and kneels on the armrest. She lays her hands on my stomach and waits. I push my hair off my shoulders and smile at my daughter. Vienna is the youngest of the four and soon to be five. Percy is the eldest and then his sister Demetria, the two are both Earth faeries like their father, and then there are the twins Jack and Vienna; ice faeries like me. Seely is on her way.

“No no, Vi,” says a rough voice by my ear as gentle hands run across my stomach, “put your hands here.” Demetri moves Vienna’s hands up. “That’s where the baby’s feet are.” She lays her ear to my stomach and concentrates. “How are you?”

“Just dandy.”

“Mommy! I can hear baby singing!”

“Can you now?!” I say with a smile.

She hums. “Is she as good as mommy?” asks Demetri.

“Almost,” she chirps.

Dem chuckles. “Maybe when she’s older.” Vienna agrees and presses her ear into my stomach again. Demetri kisses my collarbone. “She’s not kicking you too hard anymore right?” he asks roughly.

“Not right now. Though I must admit she’s got quite a kick.”

He chuckles. “She gets that from you.”

I laugh. “Speaking of what she gets from me, I think Seely’s an ice faerie.”

“Really?!” squeaks Vienna.

I giggle. “I think so.”

“Oh yay!” Demy, Percy and Jack walk into the house followed by Adana. “Jacky!” cries Vienna. “Baby’s going to be and ice faerie like us!”

“Yes!” he cheers. Jack has my eyes just like Vienna, but his hair is brown like Demetri’s. Percy and Demy cry out in disappointment. Now Demy couldn’t look more like her father with her wavy brown hair and chocolate eyes and tan skin and cute nose, but Percy looks a lot like me for an earth faerie with very dark blue hair and pale skin and lighter brown eyes that almost look gold. I must admit, and I’m not just saying this because they’re my children, but they are beautiful.

“Dinner’s ready!” calls Fleur from the kitchen. Her, Draco and Demy come out of the kitchen with saucers of food.

“Wow, look at all that food!” cheer Adana.

“I helped cook dinner! See look I mashed the potatoes and helped make the gravy and I made salads with Draco!”

“Oh, Demy!” I cheer. “My little chef! It looks fantastic.” Demy beams and I kiss her on the top of her head.

Demetri ruffles her hair. “The mashes potatoes look good. Good job kiddo.”

“Alright everybody, sit down,” says Fleur with a big smile.

The family sits around the table. I sit next to Demetri and Percy. Adana sits next to Demy, who she trains every day in how to control the earth. Percy doesn’t learn that stuff, I mean he knows it to a point, but he is a grease monkey just like his dad. Vienna and Jack are too young to learn how to use their gifts, but I’ll teach them one day soon. Vienna practically leans on Fleur’s lap as she tells her aunt a story about nix knows what and Jack and Draco pretend to have a sword fight with their knives. Usually I’d yell at them, but I’m not in the mood. I slap Percy’s hand as he tries to take a grab for the bacon. “Wait ‘til we pay our respects,” I scold.

We all bow our heads and pay respect to the King and Queen of Fey City. After we start loading our plates. I take a bite of Percy’s steak as I cut it into strips for him. “Mmm. Fleur, I don’t know what we’d do if we didn’t have you.” I lean over Percy and kiss her cheek.

“Stop it,” she says with a smile.

“Well for one thing, our kids would starve; Xana can’t cook,” says Demetri as he puts potatoes on Jack’s plate.

“Hey!” I hit him with my napkin. There are snickers around the table.

This is a regular day for us. Fleur and Draco (which I’m happy to announce are engaged) always come over and either help make dinner or make it all together like today. Adana is something like an unpaid and unexpected nanny; she’s here constantly. Nerina, her husband Gill and their daughter Atlantia plus the newlyweds Cecile and Aleen come over for dessert on holidays or special occasions, but usually just for a coffee.

Adana never married and neither did Kiri. All my other sisters except for Fleur of course and Jinx are all married already. Nerina and I are the only two with children already. Jinx is in a serious relationship with another magic faerie and if I may say so, he is just perfect for her.

I don’t know what else to tell you other than I’m very happily married with four wonderful and beautiful children and another on the way. This is true happiness, and you know what? There’s no more price for me to pay or anything else to jeopardize that. This is my happily ever after.



© 2012 Liarose


Author's Note

Liarose
The end;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on December 1, 2012
Last Updated on December 1, 2012
Tags: faeries, faerie, fairy, fairies, fey creatures, imps, magic, elements, fantasy


Author

Liarose
Liarose

PA



About
Hi! I'm Liarose and I like to write. I have a deviantart account, but I decided to also add my writing here. I'm a dancer and most of my time is spent dancing, writing and on tumblr. I seriously dont .. more..

Writing
Clue Clue

A Story by Liarose


The Huntress The Huntress

A Story by Liarose


Fleur Fleur

A Chapter by Liarose