One

One

A Chapter by Alejandro Libaque

A friend of a friend is not allowed to smoke at home. Inside the house, that is. His parents aren't very fond of the idea, but aren't against it for they themselves smoke, or used to on a regular basis, so they don't mess with him. The regulation is due to the image he may give his little brother, and he understands. His brother's only 13 and no one wants him to get the wrong idea, or even think that he could be doing the same thing at such young age. After all, that's how the friend of my friend started smoking -- 'twas his way of rebelling against his parents' vice...

So, he smokes outside, either in the backyard or the front of the house. One, two or three. I don't really know what it depends on, but the friend of my friend says that sometimes you feel like taking them all at once, and some others, you want to take your time and enjoy it... them; enjoy them. So, yes, he went outside last night, to have one, or two, or three.

Only one cigarette he had. Sitting on the blue chair where he sat earlier yesterday to play his guitar, he started thinking about life and stared at the sky and enjoyed the view way more than the cigarette. Thirteen stars he counted. Thirteen shiny dots in that dark blue, navy sky. Thirteen. Like his brother. He rubbed his hands, sighed and entered the house; slided the glass door close and sat on the chair to continue with his online browsing. And then, something hit his foot.

But why should one care? It was probably him who hit it against the table and didn't even realize. He resumed his internet-related duties and in a matter of seconds, felt hungry. Okay, not hungry, just like having a midnight snack, so he got up, went to the kitchen, opened the fridge, scanned the shelves and right on the bottom, scanning the shelves of the fridge along with him, his new friend -- Mr. Racoon.

"Oh, f**k".


© 2008 Alejandro Libaque


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Roflmao. XD Poor guy only wanted a smoke.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
1 Review
Added on April 16, 2008
Last Updated on May 21, 2008


Author

Alejandro Libaque
Alejandro Libaque

Toronto, Canada



About
In a mirror you see the reflection of your body, but the reflection of your life is only shown in what comes out of your lips, if you recite, and your hands, if you write. To write is to open a door o.. more..

Writing