Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Maddie Rae

I looked at the mirror surrounding me in a million tiny peices on the ground. What had I done? I was just like this mirror though. Broken, shattered everywhere. Never to belong in one piece again. It was a bad idea to come into the bathroom. To stare at myself in the full length mirror for what seemed to me like hours, but was most likely only seconds. To get a glimps of my sickly looking, pale skin. My puke green eyes. My fire red hair. The freckles covering ever inch of fat on my body. My mom said people would kill to look like me, but than again what would she know? She's hardly looked at me for years know. I think she's wrong. I think I would kill to k=look like someone else. Anybody else. Anybody that wasn't this fat.

 

My name is Azayla Lilia Lovett. I live with my mother who is never home, she always has something better to do you see. My little sister who is more of a daughter to me, Clover. And the man my mother married. I do not consiter this man family. Family does not make you wish you were shattered like the mirror surounding me. As long as my mother is married to this man she is no longer a peice of my broken family either. Clover may be his daughter, she may look like him, but I loved her more than anything in this world.It wasn't her chioce to be his daughter. Things happened like that, nothing is really ever your choice if you think about it. Not what you look like, because if that where up to me, I wouldn't look anything like this.

 

The only time I was really ever away from Clover was at school. I was a normal kid. Getting normal grades. No class genious, or school drop out. I have people who clame to be my friends, they call me Azzy. Then I have my real friends, they call me little red. My mothers husband calls me Azzy, my real friends know I hate it. I wonder if my real friends will notice a difference in me? Will they realize I had stopped eatting? That id begun to wear long sleaves in the middle of a heat wave? Because I know my mother didn't. Not like she's ever home to notice though really.

 

I looked down and picked up the closest shard of glass next to me. I let my hand become a tight fist around it. I watched as the blood escaped from my hand and ran down my arm, adding to the rust colored stains already there. I felt a tear race down my to pale face. I remember when I was little I used to watch the rain race down the window. I used to pretend the drops were racing eachother. I couldnt help but think to myself the same thing here. Exsept insted of playing a game each other, the blood and tears were racing hard. They were racing to get away from me. I couldnt say I blamed them, I wanted to get away from me too.



© 2011 Maddie Rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

yay you figured out the read request :) awesome job baby can't wait for more :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
1 Review
Added on July 18, 2011
Last Updated on July 18, 2011


Author

Maddie Rae
Maddie Rae

B-ville <3, RI



About
I love my friends more than anything more..

Writing
No its ok No its ok

A Poem by Maddie Rae