Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Maddie Rae

I cleaned up the glass shards and washed the blood from my arm. As I walked down stairs I noticed my mother and Clover where home. Clover ran over to me the second she saw me, her big brown eyes bright. She had tan skin where I was extremly pale. Clover was half Italian. She was very tall for a four year old coming up to about my shoulder, but than again that wasn't saying much because I was only 5 feet tall. Her brown cirly hair was in a tangled mess, my fingures could only comb threw half of it before they got stuck as she clung to my middle.

"I missed you Azayla..." Clovers little girl voice washed over me. I felt tears once again at my eyes. They soon evaporated though as I watched my mother sit down on the ugly, green, hard couch with a glass of wine in her hand.

"It's not even six o'clock yet. Don't you think you can wait?" I spat at her. She shot me a dirty look. I closed my mouth tightly. If I said anything to regretfull she would kick me out, and only god knows when she'd let me back in. Everyone has always told me that we looked alike. As I was sitting here stairing at her I can't see it though. She was skinny due to use of drugs and alcohol. Her hair, red due only to hair die, was cut short, just above her ears. My mothers green eyes where green with red always surounding them. It made me think of Christmas. I hate Christmas...

My mom turned up the tv. Then got up to pour herself another glass. She wasn't always like this.Before she made me a mother of two. Not only to my little sister but to her as well. Before she met the man she exspects me to call my father. She was swet. She actually cared for me. At least I think she did. She was always moving me around, from one of her boyfriends house to the next. I bit my lip hard as she sat down on the couch the wine glass already half way drained. Her thin lips smiled at me. I hated when she smiled.

"Mommy." Clover's voice was high with exsitment. "Guess what I did today at school?!"

"Clover I'm buisy this is my mommy time." She told her turning up the volume on the tv. I gasped at her agrivated. I couldn't believe she'd just told her that. Had she treated me like that when I was that age?

"You know it won't kill you to spend some fricking time with her. You know when you're sober?! She could use a mother to." My mom looked at me and got up. She stood right infrount of me. I cluched Clover tightly in my arms, she was still attached to my middle. Clover was the only thing seperating my mother and I.

"I'll tell you what you little b***h." She said poking me in the chest with a boney fingure. Her breath reeked of alcohol. "You can get the hell out of my house. Okay?! You do NOT tell me what to do. I am an amazing mother."

"Can I tell you about my day now?" Clovers voice was small, scared.

My mother simply looked ather for a second. Her eyes were glazed over, just as they always were. I wondered if she even knew our names more than half the time. Or if she just recognized us as the children who lived in her house. "Shut up Clover. Mommy's talking."

I shook my head in discust and walked up the stairs to Clover's room. It was cute, it was a light purple color. It had ladybugs and butterflys covering it. There where also colorfull letters spelling her name on her wall. I desided to do that as an art project. My art teacher loved them. I got an A. There where also toys and stuffed animals everywhere. Being the man who my mother married's daughter she was spoiled.

"Does mommy like me?" Clover asked me suddenly. I looked at her horrified. No little girl should have to wonder to herself id her mother loves her. I guess now though, in this world we live. More and more children are forced to ask the question for themselves... Does my mother even love me?

"Of course she does!" I told her huggin her. "Everyone loves you silly girl. Especaly me ok? Now I'm going to Scarlett's house tonight so mommy and I don't fight anymore okay? I love you."

Scarlett was one of my true friends. She was amazing. Her big brown eyes and aburn hair matched so well. She was pale like me but it looked normal on her. She had a big build but she was very skinny. Scarlett was never scared of what anyone had to say or think of her. I wished I could be like her. I really only have a few true friends and she is number one on my list. We live down the street from eachother. I met her the first day of school, we are on the same bus, her mom's the bus driver. She slammed into the seat next to me, hugged me tight, and told me we would be bestfriends. That was two years ago now.Maggie, Scarlett's mom, loves me. I consiter her my real mom honestly. We look alike with the red hair and all. Sometimes people ask Scarlett and I if we are related, it's because of the hair. I guess there can't be any redheads in Rhode Island unless we are related. We might as well be though. She knows everything about me, and I know everything about her. We can talk without speaking. We use our eyes. One time I had to wear sunglasses for a week because I screwed up my eyes with my contacts. She went crazy not knowing my emotions.

"I love you too..." Clovers voice was sad. She hated it when mom and I faught because that ment I had to leave our house. Nether of us knew when I would end up getting back. I sighed loudly and kissed her on the forehead. Then I grabbed my already packed bag and walked to my window. I turned around and waved to Clover who was crying, and waving to me at my door. I looked up to keep the tears from falling down my face. Then I made my way down the fire escape, carefull to miss the third step from the bottom.. That one creaks.



© 2011 Maddie Rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on July 19, 2011
Last Updated on July 19, 2011


Author

Maddie Rae
Maddie Rae

B-ville <3, RI



About
I love my friends more than anything more..

Writing
No its ok No its ok

A Poem by Maddie Rae





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5