Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Lilian Christine Colby

Chapter One

When I was younger, I had a weird life. I lived with my dad, Tony Stark, because my mother, Rachel Bailey, was a drug addict and did drugs while pregnant with me. Once I was born, my mother was arrested for endangering a minor, and I never saw her again until I was six years old. We lived in Dad’s Malibu beach house, and I remember her coming and visiting sometimes. She wanted me. She wanted to take me away from my dad, the person who taught me how to talk, how to walk. The person who was my hero. She wanted to take away my hero. I still remember the day I left like it was yesterday...

The day I left

“Are all your things packed?”

“Daddy, I don’t wanna go!”

“I know, but this is your mother! She wants another chance with you.”

“Why didn’t you fight for me? Why didn’t you tell Mom the truth?

“Baby, you need to understand, if I ever said something like that, I’d be taken away and you’d have to be with your Mom anyways. You’ll see me again soon enough, don’t worry.

“Promise?"

“Promise.”

We then hugged, I remember how he kissed the top of my head and whispered

“I love you baby girl.

I remember walking down the stairs, looking back each step. As soon as I was in the car, I felt this wave of emotion, and then, in the back seat of a car from the company, began to cry.

I am now seventeen years old, in my fourth year of Electronics and Engineering Master’s Degree. Yeah, yeah, I know. I’m only seventeen, I shouldn't be this far along in college, but when you're the child of a genius, you're bound to get some genes of great intelligence. Fortunately, I received many of those genes. I guess the majority of my genes are from Dad, because I am like a spitting image of him, with the same jet black hair and hazel eyes.

I have a little brother named Jackson. He always screams "Reuben Bailey Stark" when he can't find me in "Hide and Go Seek," and that's my cue to yell "Jackson Michael Avery." It's like our secret handshake when we give up and need a hint on finding each other, we say one another's full name. Our last name are different of course, because Mom and Dad were more of a one night thing. Jackson's Dad hung around until he was recruited to go with his Marine Unit to Iraq. He calls whenever he can, at first it was two times a week, but it then slowly receded to once a month, twice if we're lucky. We live in Greenbow, Alabama, A.K.A. where Forrest Gump is from. We also live in the same house that Forrest did. After Forrest died, his son decided to sell the home. Mom decided it best for us to live in a big home, and still have the extra rooms rented out to people, so basically keeping the home a bed and breakfast.



© 2015 Lilian Christine Colby


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it. Can't wait to read the rest of it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good job I am looking forward to reading more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2015
Last Updated on June 22, 2015


Author

Lilian Christine Colby
Lilian Christine Colby

East Ryegate, VT



About
Young, adventurous author who continuously writes not so short stories. I'm also Volunteer Firefighter and an Emergency Medical Responder. more..

Writing