Raising a confident child - 4 tips from Dr. Robi Ludwig

Raising a confident child - 4 tips from Dr. Robi Ludwig

A Story by lindadell
"

Dr. Robi Ludwig shares her tips for successfully raising a confident child in modern day society.

"

Raising a child is no easy task and many people find it overwhelming. Raising a child with the right set of values is just one of the difficult things you will have to think about. Another important matter is to be able to raise a child that is confident. This is one of the most important things that you can give your kid to prepare him/her for the big scary world. But how do you approach something like this? Not without help from a professional, that’s for sure.


Dr. Robi Ludwig is one of the people you can trust for parenting tips and advices. She is a psychotherapist known around the world for her skills in treating parenting issues and marriage counseling among other things. Her years of research have helped her to make conclusions regarding parenting which help thousands of people deal with the problems they are facing with raising a child. Dr. Robi Ludwig has compiled a list of 4 tips for people who would like their child to eventually become confident. Here is what you need to know if you are one of those parents:


Let your child do things

Many parents make one very big mistake when raising children " they don’t let them do anything from fear of injuries. Your child will inevitably get hurt when you are not around and there is nothing you can do about it. Being overprotective all the time can be very limiting.


When you go to the playground with your child, let him/her climb and explore without constantly repeating “Watch out!” and being terrified that something horrible might happen. This doesn’t mean to abandon your child. Stay around and be ready to help if you need to, but let your child do things on his/her own without interfering. This is what eventually builds confidence.


Change your attitude toward tasks

Controlling your child all the time is definitely not a healthy parenting method. Instead, you will have to enter the role of the coach. Remember that you are there to help, but not control. There is a fine line between those two things, but what you should remember is to do things with your child and not do things for your child.


Know when to stop

Wanting your child to improve is great, but pushing him/her to always do this can be very damaging to his/her confidence. Your son or daughter will inevitably start to think that no matter what he/she does, it can never be good enough. You should teach your child that practice makes perfect and that hard work is important even when the result is failure. Don’t push for perfection when it’s not absolutely necessary.


Eliminate negative talk

Negative talk about your child or yourself should be completely eliminated when it comes to the completion of various tasks. Saying things like “This only happened because you were lazy” over and over again can have a very negative impact on your child’s confidence especially when he/she has put a lot of effort into something. If you do this, your child will most likely stop wanting to do anything because he/she believes that nothing is going to be good enough.


As you can see, building confidence in a child is something that can be very tricky. Often times you will have to find the fine line between doing the right thing and doing the wrong thing. This is because what you think is right is not always good for your child even if you have the best intentions. Take these 4 things into consideration and try to develop them further by incorporating the basic principles in other situations.

© 2014 lindadell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on October 23, 2014
Last Updated on October 23, 2014
Tags: Robi Ludwig, Dr. Robi Ludwig, confident child, parenting, tips, raising a confident child