Time for change

Time for change

A Story by leo
"

There are things in your life that have to change. there are things in your life that we wish that would not change.

"
                   Tom was a man that like thing the way that he had them in his life. What Tom did not know was there was something that was going to happen in his life. Tom was close to Corinne and she talked about leaving. For sometime . It was something that Tom thought that was just talk . One day he went into talk with Corinne and there was someone in her desk. Tom did not say a word but just went into the bathroom. There he knew that Corinne was gone. Tom was told she did it that way for she did not want to cry. He thought of that day that was to be her last. There were clues that he should of picked up on but he did not. As the tears streamed from his face he tried to think of all the good times. Corinne was more than just a boss. She was Tom best friend.
                  It was hard there were some people that knew what Tom was going through. The one thought that Tom had was to leave. He knew that would not be something that was wise. That he had just bought a house. And he did like the money that he was making at the office. It was that he had been there for sometime that he was the second highest payed there. the other thing was that he just did not want to start over. Tom prayed for Corinne for that was what she would have to do. He knew what she was going through. So he would text her talk about he was there for her. She did not respond. Tom knew that she saw them .It would be something that he would make sure that Tom was there for Corinne.
                  There was one thing that did come out of all of this was that he started to get his writing out there. It was something that Corinne pushed Tom to do. He knew that it was something that he wanted to do. Tom thought that even when Corinne was not there she was helping Tom. It was be the example that Tom would go by. One day some of his stories would get published. Then he talked with Corinne at lunch. She was going to have a baby and some of her art was sold for a good amount of money. She told Tom that she was sorry for leaving the way that she did. Tom just told her  that he knew that it was his time to wake up. She smiled and they just talked for sometime. It was bitter sweet Corinne told tom now she would respond to his text. It was just that there was so much in the past months that she had to deal with.
                  Tom was happy for Corinne and they would have lunch once in a while. There were things that Tom helped Corinne with at her house. He would see that her art was the one thing that she loved . Tom knew that he would miss Corinne at work. The one thing that he knew was that she was happy and that was what Tom wanted for Corinne.

© 2024 leo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on April 17, 2024
Last Updated on April 17, 2024
Tags: Change

Author

leo
leo

Punta Gorda, FL



About
I am someone that loves to write. I want to have writing as my job. I started on an old typewriter. It is the dream that I want to come true. more..

Writing
Worth it Worth it

A Story by leo


loss or gain loss or gain

A Story by leo