Worth it

Worth it

A Story by leo
"

It is about things that happen to people. That there are time that we get a second chance a love.

"
                                   Frank sat in the dinner drinking a cup of coffee. Looking out the window as the rain came down.As Frank walked to the dinner. The rain hit him in the face. It was a bitter cold rain with the wind. Frank rethought of what he was out in weather like this? He ordered a cup of coffee as he found a seat at a table in the dinner. As the other people came in out of the rain. Frank saw on there face as what he had to deal with. That he felt sorry for them for it was not a go day to be out.
                                      
                                    Frank sat there he was a short man . He had short brown hair with a small beard. Something that Frank never had the gut to let it fully grow out. His eyes were hazel. As you looked in to them you could see that there was something that was on Frank`s mind. He was one of those people that you see on the street that you would just walk by. He was someone  that was just like so many people in the city. You could say by the way that Frank dresses that was the way that he wanted to live his life.

                                     As Frank sat there he looked at the people in the dinner. There were people in there he could see in there eyes that they were in love.For that it was the reason that Frank was there. Corinne someone that Frank had feelings for. But before he could tell her how he felt she had left work. then a bot a few months later Frank got a message. "We need to meet." That was all what did it mean. there was just so much that was going through Frank`s mind. One thing that Frank had gotten burned before like this. That he thought that the other girl would tell him that she felt the same but it was not so.

                                    As Frank looked at his coffee cup. He thought about the message that Corinne had left him on his phone."We need to talk about the where we go ." One thing that he knew that could it be that Corinne wanted to start a relationship? Frank felt that was some thing that could of happened before Corinne left with out a word. It was something that Frank did not want to get his hopes up. There were others that he thought were the ones but said that they just wanted to be friends.

                                    Corinne stood there in the darkness of the  of the bus stop. There was just so much that was going though her head as she looked at Frank. One thing that she wanted to go over and see Frank. One things was did he want to see her? She knew at that time that things were not right but soon. This was her second chance and Corinne did not want to blow it. Corinne knew that Frank might be going to leave soon. So soon she had to make up her mind to go over to him.One thing that Corinne knew that she just could not stand up Frank. It would be something that she would never get a chance like this ever.

                                   There were sometimes that Frank thought about.It was just the way that she would put her hand on his arm. It was when Corinne looked at Frank. All of these he knew that there was more than friendship. But at that time both was waiting for the other to make the first move. It was something that Frank always thought that there was time. It all came back to the message what did it mean and was hope for a relationship?

                                 Frank wanted Corinne in his life. It was just the way that she left. He knew that the job had gotten to her . It was just that he was so close it hurt the way she left. It was at one point that Frank wanted to get out of there. One thing that made him stay was that he wanted answers. It was something that hit Frank that could be the reason why she wanted to met. It was that feeling that Frank did not want to read in to any thing. That this just might be her way to say goodbye in person.
                                
                                As frank was thinking about Corinne he  had a feeling. He looked around the bus station thinking that Corinne was there. He spotted someone that looked a lot like Corinne.Could it be that Frank missed Corinne so much. That he wanted anyone that looked a little like her to be her? One thing that came to mind was Corinne going to show up. It seemed like it was a good part of the day that Frank had been waiting for her. Part of him wanted to just leave. But he knew that he had to see Corinne so he waited.

                           As Corinne stood there she looked at Frank thinking that it could not be Frank in the dinner.There were things about the man that reminded her of Frank. A part of Corinne that wanted this man to be Frank. Could it be or did she just want anyone to be Frank so she could go home? More she was in the bus station she thought that it was not a good idea. One thing that she was taught by her parents to be a person of your word. It was that Corinne stayed .

                      Corinne heart started to pound out of her chest. As she got closer to the man that might be Frank. There eyes met and she knew that it was Frank. In the past months she relived this meeting over in Corinne`s mind.It was happening she wanted to say so much but nothing came out. They both just looked at each other. It was as time had stopped and it was there time. Corinne thought could this be a dream it just did not seem real.

                      After a moment they sat  at the table. "Frank I have to tell you this. I am so sorry that I left with out saying a word to you. As you knew that things were getting to me." Frank thought of the pain that he had been in the past months. There was so much that Frank wanted to say but he did not. "I know that it was something that you had to do. I can`t say that it hurt that you were gone." Corinne could see Frank`s side and how close they had become.

                    There was a moment that they just looked at each other. Both thinking that was just a dream that they would wake up from? During those months Frank went through being sad. Then there were times that he was mad at Corinne for her leaving him alone there.One part of Frank wanted to just get up and leave. He knew that Frank loved Corinne and he wanted her in his life for good.Frank knew that if he did leave. That he would have blown the only chance he would have for love with Corinne. She just sat there not know what Frank was thinking about. They both stayed for they wanted that second chance to see where things would go.

                    "Frank I know that we got close and there was something that might of been. I have to ask do you think that it might be possible that we could restart where we left off. " Frank thought about the question. There were time that before Corinne left. That he wanted to ask her out. The one thing that stopped him was that Corinne was his boss. "You know it is something that I have been thinking about a lot . I want it is just there is that pain of you leaving. I will be with you just we have to take it slow. You put me through a lot when you left with out a word. All that I know that you are the one for me." There was a smile on Corinne`s face.

                     She knew that what she did brought a lot of pain to Frank. And that she would take it slow. That was what it took to keep frank in her life she would do it. This was something that Corinne knew that she was willing to work at. All the time before that she wanted to ask Frank out. But she was his boss. Now that Corinne was not she wanted to see where things would go.

                      Frank just sat at the table just getting lost in Corinne beautiful eyes.That long black hair it was something out of a dream. He had forgotten how skinny  Corinne was. Even the glasses that she had started to wear. Just added to her beauty . Corinne was as a living work of art. It was one more thing that made Frank want Corinne all the more.

                      Corinne thought of the simpler times. Back when she did not have to chose the words that she said to people. That there was no pain of the things that she had done in here life. Corinne knew now that was all changing. The feelings that she had for someone that Corinne at one point thought was just a friend. There were times she touched Frank  but that was all.  The question was back then she knew was it worth her job? That could be that was why she never went any where with her feelings for Frank. Now all that had changed that Corinne was no longer Frank`s boss. She thought could there be something that they could get together?

                       " I am sorry for the way that I left. It was just that there was so much going on. I tell you this I never  met to hurt you. I know before I was your boss and you had feelings for me." Frank felt so exposed he just sat there for a moment. Frank did have feeling for Corinne. It was just that he did not want to say that he did. For the one fear that he had that was if she did not  he would just have to leave." You know that I do have feelings for you. I have to ask do you have feelings for me?" Corinne looked deep into Frank`s eyes. It was a moment Frank would find out was it going to be joy or pain. "Yes." It was a simple word but it gave Frank such joy.

                         It was getting late and both of them knew that things had to end for now. They sat there holding each others hands. For both of them it was the start of something that they had wanted and searched for all of there life. Two people that it seemed would never find love. That you could say they found it in the place that one use to work at. Frank held Corinne in his arms and kissed her. It was something that he had dreamed to do for so long. It was just as he had dreamed it . After they kissed Corinne got in a cab and was off. She had the love in her life that she had looked for all of her life and life was good now.
                   

© 2024 leo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10 Views
Added on April 30, 2024
Last Updated on May 6, 2024

Author

leo
leo

Punta Gorda, FL



About
I am someone that loves to write. I want to have writing as my job. I started on an old typewriter. It is the dream that I want to come true. more..

Writing
Time for change Time for change

A Story by leo


loss or gain loss or gain

A Story by leo