Chapter 21

Chapter 21

A Chapter by Melissa

I practically jumped out of my skin, but I tried to keep my attitude calm. I wasn’t going to let him scare me this time. I can take care of myself, and this is when I prove it.

“David,” I said calmly. “What are you doing here?” I’m proud of the way I keep my voice from trembling, but despite my efforts I can tell he knows he’s scared me a little.

“I was just waiting for Jason. We were going to go out tonight,” David said easily. I could see through his lie, but I didn’t interrupt. I stayed quiet as he continued. “We were going to find some new girls. Guess he took the news of the break up better than you expected?” David said snidely.

“Actually, I didn’t tell him we were breaking up,” I said boldly. “I’m waiting,” I lied. I wasn’t ever going to tell him. I was just leaving and not coming back.

“Waiting until when?” David demands, his voice harsh. “Waiting until I keep my promise and hurt somebody?” his voice is cold but less harsh. It feels as though he knows this will hurt me, and it almost feels like he means something else by it.

“Waiting until I feel like it,” I say back, beginning to walk again.

“Hey, Princess. I wasn’t done talking yet,” David says, pulling up and staying by my side as I walk.

“I was,” I state, beginning to get annoyed by his attitude. “Can you leave now? I’m going to my friend’s house.” My lie feels necessary this time because I’m afraid of David, as much as I hate to admit it. I’m afraid of what he would do if he knew no one was expecting me to be anywhere.

“Oh really? What friend?” he asks, his eyebrows raised.

“What? Am I that disagreeable that I can’t have friends?” I ask, rolling my eyes. “Ashley. I’m going over Ashley's.”

“Really? Well I wouldn’t want you to get lonely. I’ll just drive with you,” he says, obviously not believing me.

“David, just go away,” I say harshly. “You got what you wanted, Jason and I are over. Now leave.”

“Hayley, baby, I didn’t want you and Jason to break up just to break up. Obviously I wanted something out of it. And that something is… you.”

“Don’t call me baby,” I say immediately. “And that sucks for you. I’m not up for grabs.”

“Get in the car,” David demands.

“No,” I answer, my voice shaking more than I wanted.

“Hayley. Now.”

“No!” I say louder, turning up the driveway we’re passing by. I go up the driveway and notice the lights are on, so I at least won’t be waking anyone up. I knock on the door loudly, and am pleasantly surprised when a teenager answers the door. David is still at the end of the driveway, his headlights are reflecting off the puddles from last night’s rain.

“Who are you?” the girl asks me.

“Listen, I need your help. See the car at the end of the driveway? He’s following me. I think he’s trying to kidnap me. I lied and said I was coming over here, so please just let me in like you were expecting me,” I beg.

She wraps her arms around me as though we’re best friends, “What’s your name, darling?” she asks, her southern accent surprising me a little.

“Hayley,” I say hugging her back slowly.

“Hayley! I thought you’d never get here! I was worried!” she yells, loud enough for David to hear from his car. She pulls me into her house and shuts the door behind her.

“Thank you so much,” I say as soon as the door is closed. “I’ll leave in a few minutes, I promise.”

“Not so fast, hun. Spill the details. I want to make sure I didn’t just let a serial killer into my house.”

“First, your name?” I ask.

“I’ll tell you once you prove you’re not a serial killer.”



© 2012 Melissa


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

AHHHHH!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Heromen Selena

11 Years Ago

Moooooore please :)
Melissa

11 Years Ago

soooon :D
Heromen Selena

11 Years Ago

okay......

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Added on December 29, 2012
Last Updated on December 29, 2012


Author

Melissa
Melissa

NH



About
I write to release emotion. I write when I can't dance. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Melissa


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Melissa


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Melissa