Indiana Dale: The Lost Books of Livy - Chapter One.

Indiana Dale: The Lost Books of Livy - Chapter One.

A Chapter by LittleGuitar94
"

Dale gets an unusual letter...

"

         Another day ended and Indiana Dale packed up his briefcase, wiped his teachings off the board and made his way from the classroom to his beige Ford Fiesta. Looking in his mirror as he drove away, he checked his hair and moustache. All was well. He smiled and turned out of the car park.

   When he arrived at his cottage, he discovered a parcel waiting for him at his front door. Dale fumbled to fit his keys in the door as he was so excited by this new phenomenon. Finally, the lock clicked as he stepped into his house. He hung up his jacket and put his briefcase on the floor next to the umbrella stand. His moustache quivered with anticipation as he bent to pick up the box.

   Taking the package into his kitchen, he placed it onto the wooden worktop. Stopping only to put the kettle on and butter himself a scone, he hunted for an envelope knife to open the package. When he found one, he sliced open the taped seal, he lifted the lid, and Indiana Dale gazed into the box.

   Inside the box was a brown-paper enveloped package. When he opened it, a small book and a letter were inside it:

 

Mr.

Mr. Indiana Dale, It read.

     We at the Museum of Ancient Artefacts have noticed your talents of acquiring such ancient objects. We are writing to you to offer you a noble quest: to find the Lost Books of Titus Livius. The whereabouts of these books have been unknown since the Middle Ages. You know all this I’m sure, if you wish to undertake this glorious quest contact me at Cardiff Museum so I can brief you on what you may be about to undertake and so you can discuss any questions with myself.

Your servant,

           Percival L. Hamilton Esq.

 



© 2010 LittleGuitar94


Author's Note

LittleGuitar94
Incomplete,

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

'His moustache quivered with anticipation'
I love that ^
Continue! I want to know more!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
1 Review
Added on September 30, 2010
Last Updated on October 9, 2010
Tags: Indiana, Dale, Livy, Books
Previous Versions


Author

LittleGuitar94
LittleGuitar94

Cardiff



About
I'm a Bassist, a Guitarist, a Writer, a Reader, a 16 Year Old Girl, a Punk, a Christian, a Briton, an English(wo)man, a Nerd, a Geek, a PotterHead, a LotR-nut, an all-round fan of good literature. .. more..

Writing