Elmer gets some help.

Elmer gets some help.

A Story by Tom W.
"

One day at the pearly gates....

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of Elmer gets some help..



"Being an archdemon isn't all its cracked up to be"thought Elmer as he got the signal from Saint Peter for the umpteenth time that day and pulled the lever that sent another damned soul to hell.

"Everyone knows Saint Peter the guardian of the gates of heaven but has no clue who guards the gates of hell." was what crossed his mind as he pondered how Peter was like the bouncer at a hot night club and he was the equivalent of a people greeter at wal-mart.

Occasionally people admitted where they belonged and came straight to him but today was different as a little girl stepped past the endless line waiting for the pearly gates and came straight to him.

The wait at the gates was just for show as elmers head up display immediately let him know the child named Stacy was destined for heaven, an innocent victim of sexual and child abuse by her mothers boyfriend.

He gruffly told her she was in the wrong line and placed her where she belonged time and again but the child refused to go constantly returning to him insisting she was always told she was a bad girl and going to hell.

Elmers solution,with approval from Peterl was for the stubborn girl to become his helper and he tried to teach her how to do a proper evil chuckle for the day when Stacy would be allowed to pull the lever for mother and her boyfriend when they arrived but all she could ever manage was a melodious giggle.

© 2010 Tom W.




Reviews

This is a very interesting story and food for thought. It was short, sweet, and to the point. I enjoyed reading it, very much!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
1 Review
Added on May 11, 2010
Last Updated on June 6, 2010
Tags: elmer

Author

Tom W.
Tom W.

NH



About
overweight,old,unemployed loser looking to improve his writing more..

Writing
Kalfirins story Kalfirins story

A Story by Tom W.


The culprit The culprit

A Story by Tom W.