Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by allonsy_doctor
"

I could name a million places I'd rather be than here.

"

Blindness is an advantage for the those whom see. That was on my fortune cookie once. I asked mom what the heck it meant, and she told me that people who are so blind they cannot see your true colors are merely a few levels under you.

That, I thought, was Angela Pearson. She looked probably my age, with dark blonde hair and a prissy smile. She walked around the hallways with a grin shining on her face, whispering things to her posse and mumbling about cute boys. Blindness is an advantage for those whom see, I thought visiously as Angela brushed by me.

"Excuse me, Barbie."

Angela Pearson, as I learned her name from Morgan Sulfur beside me, whipped around. She snarled angrily, "What did you just say?"

"I said, 'Excuse me, Barbie'." I ignored Morgan desperately shoving at me. I was used to bullies and prissy posse girls at my school. They bullied me around for twelve years, then I finally took a stand and they left me alone. 

"I'm not sorry, Sucker," she grinned, then shoved me out of the way, sending me flying into the brick wall. The chandeller swayed at my impact, causing Mrs. Quaffer/LeeAnne to whip around. If not for this, she probably never would have turned around to check on me. 

"Is there a problem, Ms...."

"Taylor. Emelia Taylor." I grumbled, Morgan helping me up. Kris Abner just stayed in line silently, as if this kind of thing never bothered her. 

When we began walking again, I asked, "Kris, are you okay."

"I'm fine." she hissed.

Morgan nudged me, pulling me away from the silent, shy girl. "She's blind."

"What the h--" I tried desperately to stop myself from screaming. Mom, Dad, and Stephan could probably hear it here as well as anywhere. They probably have spies here, watching me for all I know.

"Did you see her eyes?" Morgan asked me intensely. "They're clouded. I know this cuz my cousin Randy was born blind, and she showed me her eyes."

Blindness is an advantage for those whom see. Krystal Abner meant that literally. Interesting.

After what seemed like forever, we reached the stop where Mrs. Quaffer/LeeAnne ordered us our rooms. "Emelia Taylor, Morgan Sulfur, and Krystal Abner, this room, please."

We obeyed. Unsettled by the new piece of information I had just gained, I tried to help Kris into her room. 

"Please stop," Kris said when the door was closed and we were safely in our room. "I know that you guys know I'm blind, but don't try to help me. I've managed for sixteen years, I think I'll manage for the rest of my life. 

"Sorry," I muttered, but Kris showed no signs she heard me.

I looked around. The room was nice; a bunk-bed and a single bed, nicely made. The sheets were plain pink, and just the sight of the disgusting girly-girl color made me sick. Morgan didn't seem to like it either. She stuck out her tounge at the pink lampost in the corner. There were three assorted, wooden desks in the three different corners, each with a pink colored desk lamp and laptop Apple computer. Pens lay neatly in a small, pink organizer on the sides of the desks, and I assumed there were things in the drawers as well. There was pink wallpaper covering the walls of the room, and there were many places around the room designated to postering and placing your bags and things. On the bottom bunk of the bunk-bed, there was a book shelving where two books already lay: Sense and Sensability, by Jane Austin, and Chicken Soup For The Teen Soul 1. 

"I'm taking the bottom bunk," I said suddenly, hopping past the girls onto the bed. I sat down to discover the sheets were furry and soft; comforting. I lay down and put my book bag on the shelf behind me, grimacing. I could name a thousand other places I'd rather be than here, like a bookstore, but this would have to do for now. 

Morgan tensed, then climbed up to the top bunk. I heard rattling, then something soft spilled out onto Morgan's bunk. While Kris placed her things gently and slowly on her own, single bed, I stood on my own bed and looked up at Morgan. She had dumped probably seventy stuffed animals onto her pink bunk. 

"Holy Crap," I remarked. 

"What?" came Kris's reply from the ground. 

I grinned, then shouted a little louder, "Morgan has a thousand stuff animals."

"Fourty-Three to be exact," Morgan said, grinning. "I've collected them over the years, and I can't go anywhere without them." 

"It's like me and my books." I fell back to the bottom, being bounced high in the air before coming to rest. I flipped open Max and rippled through the pages before I came to the right spot. Here. I grinned and lay down to read, flipping on my glasses my mom made me bring. 

"You just brought your books?" Morgan asked from above. 

"No, I brought a few others," I replied. "But I don't feel like unpacking this second."

I turned to see Kris playing with her hair, reading, well, feeling the note her mom had typed out for her in Braille. I could see the word "Mom" at the end of the note, and I smiled, remembering when my mom sent me notes like that. 

"Can't we get out of this hellish place?" Morgan grumbled, using the same termenology as I used when first coming here. 

"Devise a plan," Kris said softly, tossing her note aside. "I'm gonna sleep."

"We need to eat first," Morgan said from above. "I'll bring you back something if you want to stay here and sleep, Kris."

"Sure. Thanks." I saw as she was getting to know us, she was coming out of her blind shell a little bit. 

"Bye!" I called as we left the room. 

 

~

 

Dinner in the grand hall reminded me of the hall in the Prince's Castle from Beauty and the Beast. I half expected the silverware to start dancing. Instantly, I spotted the boy that helped me up last in line for Pasta. Perfect.

"Hey," I jumped in line next to him. "I never actually got the chance to thank you for saving me from embarrassment." I held out my hand. "My name's Emelia Taylor. Call me Emmy."

"Hello, Emmy," said the cute boy, shaking my hand. "My name's Luke Garnik."

"Want to sit with me at dinner?" I asked, batting my eyes. I learned that worked with cute guys.

"Sure," he said. "I really don't have anyone to sit with anyway. First time?"

"Yeah," I said, wondering if others had been here longer.

"Me too."

Morgan caught up to me in line, catching my shoulder for support. "Thank God there's still Pasta left." she said. "I went to the chicken line, and they ended... with me!" She noticed the grin on my face and the look in Luke's eyes. "I see you've met a new friend. Who's this?"

"My name's Luke Garnik."

"Morgan Sulfur. Emmy's roommate." Morgan shot my a look, as if to say, Seriously? He's all mine.

Then, a nightmare happened. Angela "Barbie" Pearson walked into the Pasta Line with her Posse following her. She grinned, then said, "Hello, handsome."

"Thanks," Luke muttered, the look of pure terror spreading across his face. 

"Want to go out with me?" She asked. God, was she rushy.

"No, thanks," he said angrily. "I don't dig girls like you."

"Great score, Barbie." I snapped, grinning.

"Why don't you just shove it--"

"Shove it where?" another cute guy walked up behind Ms. Barbie. She stopped short, then smiled sheepishly. "Patrick. Hi."

"Oh. Hi." "Patrick" mimicked, grinning from ear to ear. "Stop bothering these girls, Angela Pearson. You don't want what happened last time to happen this time, do you?"

"No,"

"Good. Now scramble."

Angela jumped out of line with her posse and headed towards what looked like the Pizza Line.

Patrick grinned, then walked up next to me. The Pasta was in my hand, and I was so starving I was already into it. "Why don't you gals come sit with me."

"Sure!" Morgan Sulfur answered for me, so I couldn't say a thing.

Patrick sat alone at a greenish brown wood table. Chicken was already placed neatly in a tray where Patrick sat. Morgan scowled at it.

"So," Patrick said. "My name's Patrick Levan."

"Morgan Sulfur!" Morgan rushed.

"Luke Garnik."

I was last. "Emmy Taylor."

"Emmy? I love that name!"

Morgan shot me a look that spelled out danger. He's my man. You can have Luke.

Shut up.

Patrick took a neat bite of his chicken. "You all roommates?"

"Emmy and I are," Morgan said quickly. "Luke's...I don't know."

"I'm with Slick and Johnson."

Patrick muttered a sware. "I hate those guys. Want to ask if you can switch to my room? I'm with Angela Pearson's brother, Jake. Believe me, he's not as bad as she seems. Look there he is!"

Suddenly, an angel touched down from heaven. Jake Pearson walked towards our table and sat next to me. "Hello."

"Jake," I said without thinking. "You have very pretty eyes."

"Thanks," he grinned. "So do you."

And we finished dinner with me staring at Jake Pearson.

  



© 2009 allonsy_doctor


Author's Note

allonsy_doctor
:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not bad. Although you really like full names, don't you? I found that a little unrealistic, but that could be just me.

I liked all the characters; they made me want to know where you're going to take all them!

Apart from some grammar and spelling errors, I thought this was great!

Posted 14 Years Ago


LOLOL, a inside look at the minds of females. Scary o_O

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 26, 2009
Last Updated on August 26, 2009


Author

allonsy_doctor
allonsy_doctor

In the TARDIS



About
Ello. My name is Olivia, but I am most commonly called Liv. I have changed quite a bit since our last encounter, in which I was obsessed with Heroes and JP. Now I am totally and uncontrollably in l.. more..

Writing
CHAPTER 1 CHAPTER 1

A Chapter by allonsy_doctor