Eternal Senses

Eternal Senses

A Poem by Sarah Jean
"

poetical senses.

"
I want to feel the sleep of time scattered on my skin. 

I want to smell the essence of my forgotten memories,
to revel in the pain of my past and the promise of my future.

I want to see words come to life in the glowing abyss of my mind, dancing, entwined with the wandering fragments of my past, swaying and flickering like the shadow of a wild and passionate flame.

I want to hear the soft echoing silence in the deep eternal crevasse between peace and chaos,
sanity and freedom.

I want to taste poetry, to eternally sink in the depths of its madness,
so that I might find eternal rest in the open safety of its honest home. 

© 2013 Sarah Jean


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Sarah Jean
Something I wrote a while ago and would love some feedback on.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wonderful work! Poetry is a safe haven for those who truly love it....and I can see you do. Your words show a maturity far beyond your years. "I want to hear the soft echoing silence in the deep eternal crevasse between peace and chaos, sanity and freedom." Such a powerful line! I enjoyed this one. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sarah Jean

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I'm really glad, it brings an added indescribable joy that my words might create .. read more



Reviews

I love the way your words flow. It evokes that kind of soulful longing in me when I read it, which I love. And your word choice is wonderfully balanced in that it's both strong and soft. Beautiful piece, I loved this!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Jean

10 Years Ago

I'm so glad, thank you for taking the time to read and review, your words mean more than I can say :.. read more
This is such an amazing poem! I love how you use imagery to draw your person deeper into the poem. Great job and keep writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Jean

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much :) Im glad you enjoyed it, thanks for reading and reviewing.
I love this expression of poetry.. I can tell you have a love of the poetic flow and enjoy expressing yourself through words. This is a delightful poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Jean

10 Years Ago

I do and I'm certainly glad you thought so. Thank you for your kind words and your review.
Ravyne Hawke

10 Years Ago

You are most welcomed Sarah Jean
This is absolutely awsome, Sarah, infectious and certainly fills up the senses. Great pen..Tony**

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Jean

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it and I appreciate the feedback.
Anthony Hall

10 Years Ago

You're welcome, Sarah. Tony**
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DJ
Beautiful piece of writing, I love your choice of words. This truly feeds the senses.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Jean

10 Years Ago

Thank you, I really appreciate the feedback :)
This is insanely awesomee
I lovee the comparisons or should I similes used to present your ideas.
This an excellent piece x


Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Jean

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Im really flattered :)
This is amazing! Powerful and beautiful words!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Jean

10 Years Ago

Thank you, I really appreciate that :)
Wonderful work! Poetry is a safe haven for those who truly love it....and I can see you do. Your words show a maturity far beyond your years. "I want to hear the soft echoing silence in the deep eternal crevasse between peace and chaos, sanity and freedom." Such a powerful line! I enjoyed this one. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sarah Jean

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I'm really glad, it brings an added indescribable joy that my words might create .. read more
A splendid read and write. Thank you for sharing your work...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Jean

10 Years Ago

And thank you for taking the time to read my work and give feedback :)
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome...Any time...:)
You said that i might be disappointed by reading some other new writes... but i don't think i am feeling something like that after read this piece. It's again an awesome write. Your that write on "civilization" was Incredible and having no comparison with it but your this write's an awesome one and no comparison with that one... bcoz, it's depend on thinking acc. to time and acc. to the situation (that changes time to time). You wrote that piece when you were thinking about civilization and as you mentioned when you were watching some documentaries... but you made this piece where you were wanting some more and more writing about it what you wanted to.

If i do compare your first stanza's few lines with your last stanza's one's, then i see what... i see, "You were feeling very sleepy at that moment but you didn't wanna get rid of your writing's passion even in an Insomniac situation too.
Nicely written. words're again powerful Here. It's a well piece and written in a very free time and i am sure that you've devoted.. you've spent... you've well utilized your enough time here making this piece.

Beautiful work once again, you've done a great job once again. You've flattered me indeed by your nice stuffs. Keep posting and keep writing. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sarah Jean

10 Years Ago

Thank you so very much, your feedback is very uplifting and i'll continue to write and post, thank y.. read more
Inspiring Writer

10 Years Ago

:)
Your welcome once again ! :) That's great, you'll continue writing and posting, but hey, do.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

583 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2013
Last Updated on July 28, 2013
Tags: poetry, poem, life

Author

Sarah Jean
Sarah Jean

Australia



About
Hello, I'm Sarah. I'm 17 and from Australia and I'm interested in an eclectic spectrum of things, specifically in relation to literature and film. I like to litter my life with music and poetry. I .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..