The Leap

The Leap

A Chapter by Leo
"

One moment you were there

"

One moment you were there.


Standing by the window.

Watching the raindrops carving their intricate ornaments on the other side.

You always longed for the other side. The other side of the world. The other side of the dream.

Something hidden, unexplored, something treasured.

I was standing there too. Looking for words. The right words to explain, to change, to make the rain go away.

I found the words. I think I did.

Something that made sense. Something that could explain. Something that could make the change, to make that rain stop when your soul stops crying.

I recited the words in my head. I want to make sure you feel them the same way as I do.

Can two souls share the same exact feeling? I believe they can. I thought we could.

I say the words.


You are gone.


One moment you were there. Another �" not anymore.

Must have found what you were looking for. Or so I hope.

You always longed for the other side. For sensing the dew of the morning grass. For touching the rain with a bare hand. For feeling the gentle touch of the sunrise.

For being alive.


I spread my wings.


My time to depart.

Maybe in a day, or two, or two hundred, when you close your eyes and remember our stars, I will be there waiting for you, behind the shimmering glow of the Milky Way, behind the turquoise of the mountain lake, stretching my hand, touching your eyes.

-Sleep tight. I could have offered you all my dreams, but you chosen life.



© 2015 Leo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on June 15, 2015
Last Updated on June 15, 2015
Tags: fantasy, mystery, heart, love, romance, life


Author

Leo
Leo

San Francisco, CA



About
Welcome to my world! A note of caution. These waters are known for deep philosophical currents and emotional turbulence. Proceed at your own risk. No soul guard on duty. [all pictures are taken by m.. more..

Writing
There and then There and then

A Poem by Leo


Glimpse Glimpse

A Story by Leo