She

She

A Story by lostsoul

It was a cold autumn night, with her by my side I couldn't feel the cold that radiated around us. The wind carried the leafage around, swarming it and making little tornado that danced as we walked to our place, our secret place. Place where only the two of us existed, just her and me. As we sat down on our old bench, I could notice something was off.
 I asked: What's wrong? 
At first, she didn't say anything. After a few moments, she looked at me with those blue, warm eyes and said:
-Why do you love me?
That question struck me like a lightning bolt.
 -Why do I love you?
 I repeated because I couldn't process it right away. 
-I, love you because you are the kindest and most beautiful person I ever met. You make me wanna live more than anything ever, you are the reason why I am alive. You showed me that there are hope and love in this world. You took my hand and walked with me through my darkest nights. You taught me how to love someone so passionate that it restarts your heart every time your eyes meet.
I could see a little smile forming on her face as she leaned in and kissed me. Those soft, warm lips could make you forget about everything. You would get lost in just her eyes. They burned with so much passion and yet they could calm you down with a warm, loving look she always carried.  
Her long, burning red hair fell on her face as she leaned on my chest. I slowly removed it, kissing her forehead. She wasn't much taller than me, but she always kept her head up as if she knew just how much I loved that about her. She was a warrior, never feared anything, anyone. I have to admit sometimes her fearless spirit scared me. She knew me better than anyone ever did. I didn't believe that love exists, she woke every cell in me and brought me to live so many times. Her crazy, sweet love makes my heart race and my spirit fighting. 
The only thing that made sense to me is being with her. Spending every moment, every hour, every minute with her. I wouldn't change anything, I would go to a hundred time worst things just to be with her. She is my everything, my sun, my air, my life. As long she is next to me I don't need anything else.
I reached into my pocket, she startled a bit, watching what am I doing. I pulled out a little box. She blushed, with her eyes looking at me with so much love and surprise. 
-You are my everything, my life, my love, my hope. I love you more than anyone ever. I want to spend every second, minute and hour of rest of my life with you. You make my heart beat faster and you fill it with love and faith. You are in my veins, in my heart, in my mind 24/7.  Will you marry me?
Her eyes filled with tears and her mouth slowly, quietly said: 
-Yes. You are my sunshine and the love of my life. I love you so much.
I put the ring on her finger and drop one tear. I kissed her with so much passion that my heart wanted to jump out of my chest. That passion still burns inside of me, after 20 years. I still look at her with the same love and hope she gave me 20 years ago. She is still my everything and I cherish every second I get to spend with her in my arms.

© 2018 lostsoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on October 10, 2018
Last Updated on October 10, 2018

Author

lostsoul
lostsoul

Koprivnica, Croatia



Writing
True love? True love?

A Story by lostsoul


Dimensions Dimensions

A Story by lostsoul