Safe place

Safe place

A Poem by lostsoul

What to do when you lose your safe place? Where do you go then? Can you find a new one? Sometimes it's not about the safe place it's just about you founding yourself. Not a  place to be safe cuz, in the end,  it's about you choosing to be your own safe place. Your heart and your head. The most vulnerable thing about humans is their heart and their spirit.  They can be broken so easy yet so hard to heal. It's hard to trust someone when your dreams and heart have been broken more times then you can count, your faith lost, your dreams shattered by events and the way people treat you. There is so much hate and misunderstanding in this world and so many people don't notice it. So many people battle with depression,  anxiety, suicidal thoughts, self-harm and they keep it to themselves, cuz no one shows them that it's okay to hurt, to cry, To be broken, no one says to them it's gonna be okay, no shows that care about them. So many families are fucked up cuz one person doesn't know how to deal with things and it affects so many lives in so many ways.most of them just fuckes up those persons that are being affected, It's so sad and hard to deal with it. They ruin those peoples lives without realizing it, sometimes when they do realize it's too late and nothing can take back what they did. And that's the saddest part of everything. They destroy someone at the start when they don't see the world. They learn them that world is a big bad place and it is,  but it doesn't have to be. Everyone has the power to change it. It's on them to do so. But it's really sad that there are so many people that don't do absolutely anything about, they just watch or turn away from it cuz they think they can't help. They can.  Just be there for others, sometimes that means more then anything could. To have someone who will be there for you and catch you when you fall, offer you a hand when your hanging on a cliff. That's all and it's so small, but more powerful than anything. I'll always catch you, no matter what.

© 2018 lostsoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You've made some very strong points here. You need to look a bit at your wording, making it a bit more formal, "cuz" is too informal (should be because) and some others, like "they can be broken so easily (not easy). Lastly, I'd also mention harsh language. I'd say that there is a time and place to include strong language, for instance, if one is telling a story of a group of prisoners - their language is bound to be colorful. However, in the piece you wrote here, I'd imagine that your vocabulary is strong enough to use words which may express what you are trying to say, better.

Keep writing :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


I really can relate to your words here

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2018
Last Updated on October 11, 2018

Author

lostsoul
lostsoul

Koprivnica, Croatia



Writing
True love? True love?

A Story by lostsoul


Dimensions Dimensions

A Story by lostsoul