Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The truth and encouragement

The truth and encouragement

A Poem by lostsoul

Yes, I struggle. I used drugs, pills, self-harmed to escape from the past and all my insecurities. I'm writing this and making it public because there are so many people that are fighting the same battle. A battle against ourselves. It's a battle for life, for our own life. Every day we stand on the battlefield facing ourselves. But we can win it, you can win. I know how hard it is to believe in that, to believe in yourself. But I believe in you. I acknowledge your struggle if others don't. I trust in you that you can make it. That all of us can make it. There is still a light in you, there is still some fight left in you. Find it, grab it and never let it go. I know a lot of people won't read this or just simply ignore it, but if one person reads it and finds themselves in it and is struggling, please don't be afraid or ashamed to seek help. You can still shine, no matter how lost you feel or broken or damaged. If you have no one to talk to, talk to me. We have to lean on each other in order to get out this circle of pain and hopelessness. 

© 2018 lostsoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I admire your honesty and raw heartfelt openness in your poem. And understanding of what it is like to suffer yourself. And i do agree we have to suffer and care and look out for each other in this world. Well said.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lostsoul

5 Years Ago

Thank you. It means a lot when people recognize my passion for something I hold so dear to my heart.
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

your very welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
1 Review
Added on November 21, 2018
Last Updated on November 21, 2018

Author

lostsoul
lostsoul

Koprivnica, Croatia



Writing
True love? True love?

A Story by lostsoul


Dimensions Dimensions

A Story by lostsoul