Caught.

Caught.

A Chapter by Patricia Williams
"

The villain who is caught, must face those they have hurt, and suffer the consequences.

"
I have been captured.  After five years on the run it is all over.  I must pay for my crimes - I knew it would happen sooner or later.
   I write this in a cold damp cell; with barely enough light to see the marks of ink on page.  I have had much time to think while sitting here, alone.  I've thought of when I was captured - a beautiful day in the South of France.  I can recall the stares and whispers as they dragged me out of that dirty apartment in handcuffs.  Humiliation, defeat, regret.  It was almost too much for me as they shoved me into that police car and sped away.  I had so many emotions flooding through me, that at the time I could distinguish none - I felt numb.  I remember tears flowing down my face and a policeman mocking me.

    "So now you are sad, now you feel regret, now it is too late."

Those words did not hurt me, I was passed the point of caring.  I simply turned away and tried to think.  Think about my past - when did this start?  My present - how did I come to this?  And my future - what are my consequences?


© 2013 Patricia Williams


Author's Note

Patricia Williams
I don't like this one either... What is wrong with it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on August 10, 2013
Last Updated on August 10, 2013


Author

Patricia Williams
Patricia Williams

My mind.



About
judge me by what I create. please review. if you message me I may or may not reply. don't take it personally, I'm just not on here very consistently. more..

Writing