Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Jessica
"

prologue ... goes back in time.

"

I looked over at Naomi. She had the cheesiest grin spread across her face and it made me feel genuinely happy. The may fair had been something we always did together and it was always so much fun. She was the most incredible person in my life and I knew that I would not be able to cope without her... but every now and then I remembered she was battling cancer one day at a time.

 

It was hard to know that even if she is one of the strongest people I know, cancer is unpredictable. Not even Naomi could change that.
“Here. Pink, fluffy and perfect” my thoughts we broken by Naomi shoving candy floss in my face. I bared a smile for a moment and started pushing the pink candy into my mouth. Neither of us really liked the taste, but the feeling of it disappearing on my tongue was lovely. Just knowing that it was like a little piece of heaven and we both really needed something good in our lives.
“come on girls, photo op!” before I could even think, Naomi jumped at me, linking her arms around my shoulders for our friend, Chelsea, to take a photo memory.
I took a glance at the photo and immediately fell in love with it. It looked perfect... best friends. 



© 2011 Jessica


Author's Note

Jessica
ignore grammar and puncuation problems. still being edited.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very humane and lovely piece.
Enjoyed reading.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 23, 2011
Last Updated on January 23, 2011


Author

Jessica
Jessica

United Kingdom



About
I'm 23 and since as long as i can remember i have always loved to read, write and draw. Although i am not pursuing this as a career i would not be me, without my love for those things. more..

Writing
I am poem I am poem

A Poem by Jessica