Prolouge ~ Nathaniel Dean

Prolouge ~ Nathaniel Dean

A Chapter by lovelycrowleyspn
"

Nathaniel Dean ventures away from home to join his friends in a battle against Bernard Amherst, commonly known as simply "Amherst," as well as his pack of boys.

"

Prologue ~ Nathaniel Dean


It's tough, leaving behind my housemate, who is also my best friend. What bothers me the most is that I don't even know when I'll be back. It could be months, maybe even years. Ryan Stanford wanted to come as well, but I can't make him go out like right after his leg healed from the terrible tossle he got into with the friends of this evil King who I'm out to go find.

Not far from the street we live on is a large mansion, that is often mistaken for as a castle. It's mostly empty, as there are only five men dwelling within the area; there's Bailey de Vincent and his twin brother, Jêrome de Vincent, Clarence Michigan, Picasso Monahan, and Noah Savarese. However, if you want to get technical, there's thirty living in the castle, but they don't live in an area where you can easily get to from the entrance. Basically, the cult there is a bunch of men who are probably their twenties being ruled over by their king...Bernard Amherst. Though, he gets unimaginably angry when most people call him by his first name for some reason, so everyone refers to him by his last name.

No one except for his little friends know exactly what's got Amherst so on edge. In fact, no one can even come up with any ideas on why he's so jerky towards everyone but his kind. Ever since the day Amherst and I met, he's always been hostile. He tells my friends and I that we aren't like his kind, and we aren't his family, like his teammates are. He picks a lot of fights, and tries to banish us whenever he gets the chance. He always fails; any tactics he has never seem to work. However, we aren't doing much better with killing Amherst; every single time we're certain that he's dead, he seems to come back, and follow us. It's as if he has a guardian angel on his trail!

I received a phone call from Bailey a few days ago who told me that Amherst sent a “friendly” letter to the living area of the castle, saying that he's had it with the royalty, and that he declares war. My friends need my help.

So today, after I'm certain that Ryan will be okay on his own, I will gather a lantern, some matches, tinderboxes, and oil, and head out to the mansion.


© 2015 lovelycrowleyspn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on January 30, 2015
Last Updated on January 30, 2015
Tags: battle, royalty


Author

lovelycrowleyspn
lovelycrowleyspn

About
I'm a teen girl, who really enjoys writing novella and such. Literally, my backpack has a ton of notebooks that I simply sit and write in when I feel like it! Also interested in learning several langu.. more..

Writing