Chapter 3 ~ Clarence Michigan

Chapter 3 ~ Clarence Michigan

A Chapter by lovelycrowleyspn
"

Mr. Michigan is found, but has been locked up in a jail cell by Amherst's boys

"

Chapter 3 ~ Clarence Michigan



It feels like I’ve been laying in this jail cell for hours, when it’s really only been one. I’m scared, and all I’m waiting for is Amherst to come and hurt me, especially after Sergio said that his king will be "absolutely pleased to see me." Whatever that means, that is. For some reason, Amherst never seems to want to hurt me, however he seems to try to seduce me, and seems to want me on his side. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m royalty or what, but it’s kind of creepy. I’m nervous about him coming in and trying to consent with me. That’ll prove to be quite hard, however; I can’t even see anything, not without my glasses.

After a long while, the footsteps I’ve been dreading echo through the mostly-empty room. It probably is Amherst now. Coming to harm me, or do more of his seducing horrors, or whatever his plans for me are. Realizing there’s more than one person, I guess he probably brought backup in case I try to escape or something. I try to keep from trembling, so I won’t appear afraid of Amherst, even though I really quite am.

As someone grabs the bars of the cage and shakes them, I gasp lightly and sit up, being mindful of my leg, that is still hurting. “You don’t scare me, Amherst,” I growl under my shaking breath. “Whatever you’re going to do to scare me won’t work.”

“Don’t worry, Mr. Michigan,” I can hear a Canadian say softly. “It’s not Amherst. It’s Nathaniel. And I have Picasso and Bailey with me.”

I breathe out frantically. “Ahh...thank the Heavens. It was only a matter of time before Sergio and that boyfriend of his come back,” I whisper. “D-do you have my glasses? I’m starting to get a headache from having to keep my vision so focused.”

A few seconds after Nathaniel shuffles around a bit, he slides something through the bars of the cage; my glasses. I put them on my face, and blink a few times, my blurred vision going perfect. “That’s better,” I say. “Now, please, help me out of this cage!”

Picasso stands up and violently pulls on the lock holding the door closed. "Locked. Did any of them have a key?," he asks.

I close my eyes and try to remember. "I think he locked it in the barrel over there," I recall.

Bailey knocks the wooden barrel onto its side, kicking its side to knock the metal lid off. Reaching in, he finds the little, golden key, in which he gives Picasso. He quickly puts it in the keyslot, turns it, and yanks the padlock out of the door, making it swing opened.

Nathaniel gives me a painkiller pill, which I almost refuse, as there's no water to take it with. However, I take it, and down it in one, hard, painful swallow like a man. The strong man I can be underneath my job as a librarian, to ward off the sins of being royal.

Taking a breath to calm myself, I look to all three of the friends I'm with. "Thank you all," I breathe.

Bailey nods with a smile. "Of course, Mr. Michigan," he says, lifting me into his arms. "As long as you're well. Perhaps we can stop to rest somewhere for the night."

With that, we all head off down the hallway that seems to have more light in it, Bailey carrying me so I don't have to put pressure on my injured leg. But once in a while, I glance back at Picasso, who doesn't seem to like that very much.












© 2015 lovelycrowleyspn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on January 30, 2015
Last Updated on January 30, 2015
Tags: kidnapping


Author

lovelycrowleyspn
lovelycrowleyspn

About
I'm a teen girl, who really enjoys writing novella and such. Literally, my backpack has a ton of notebooks that I simply sit and write in when I feel like it! Also interested in learning several langu.. more..

Writing