What are friends for.

What are friends for.

A Chapter by loverslovexliarsliex

"Ruby, you can't lie to me come on now, i have been your best friend since before we could walk! So I know when somethings wrong. Now spill." my long time friend Eli spoke quietly and pulled the stressed girl into his arms.

I sighed as I looked into the concerned features of the man that had stood as my best friend since we were both in diapers. "Dang, is there anything that I can slip past you?" I asked in a voice that was just oozing with sarcasm.

Eli rolled his eyes and moved a loose curl from my cheek. "Don't get smart with me, now come on and just tell me what's wrong pleaseeeee."

Eli had looked at me with his big brown eyes shining and his lower lip stuck out. He always did that when he really wanted to know something. Over the years it had grown on me and I had to admit it was starting to get cute. I sighed and nuzzled his neck.

"Okay but you have to swear that you won't get mad."

Eli nodded and looked down at me with eyes that were full of concern, I groaned a little bit because I knew what I was about to tell my long time friend was going to drive him crazy.

"Well, Mason and I had another fight."

"What over this time?" Eli asked with a slightly annoyed tone in his voice.

"Uh, well, he invited me over to come and hang out with him this afternoon so we could 'talk' but we both know that's not what he wanted, well anyway getting off track here. I told him that I couldn't go because I was going to go and spend time with my bestest friend in the world, of course that's you. And well, he got pissed off and called me a bunch of names and then hung up on me."

I looked away from the gaze of Eli and then started picking at my skinny jeans waiting for Eli to go on another 'why don't you just leave the a*****e' rant.

"Ruby, hunny, you know i have been here for you through thick and thin and you know that I just simply love you to death. I know that you have been with Mason for a long time now, not consistently but enough to make it a little over a year, and i've been noticing that he's been treating you more and more like crap everyday, and you're to good to deserve that type of treatment and you know it. You already know that I think that you should leave him, because he's just a major d********g. But that's only my opinion. You know that I will stand by you no matter what you choose because your just my darling best friend and I love you." Eli took a huge gasp of air and I couldn't help but laugh at my nerdy best friend.

I hugged onto him tightly for a moment and then groaned just a little bit, "You know that I can't just leave him Eli. I love him to much for that and plus you said it yourself we've been together for so long I don't know what I would do without him. I'd be lost."

I could feel tears start to form in my eyes but Eli brushed them away as they fell over my cheeks. "Honey, I know, but you are strong and you will find a way to stand up on your own two feet again I just know it. Now wipe them tears he is just simply not worth it."

I frowned a little bit and let out a little breath, "Maybe not to you Eli, but to me, yes he is."

Now it was Eli's turn to sigh, "Yeah, but hey think of it this way, if you leave him you can have this fine piece of a*s."

I laughed as Eli gestured to himself. "Oh yes Eli you know I just want you that much and think that your just that sexy."

"Oh baby don't deny it, you know you love mee to death."

I nodded and hugged onto him tighter, "Yup! I do love you, to death and then some."

Eli laughed a little bit and then things slowly started to get a little quieter. After about a minute or two of silence I looked up at him with my brown eyes shining, he looked right back into my gaze and smirked.

"Watcha looking at there dollface?"

I shrugged and bit down on my lower lip gently. A nervous habbit. "I just wanted to thank you for being here for me when I need you Eli, you truly are one of my best friends in this whole world. I would be lost if it wasn't for you."

Eli shrugged and that familiar blush turned up on his cheeks again, "Hey, What are friends for?"


© 2011 loverslovexliarsliex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A few typo things here.....

But this is good. I like the interesting story. I like the dialogue.....i like the energy. You could get a lot better!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 3, 2011
Last Updated on December 3, 2011


Author

loverslovexliarsliex
loverslovexliarsliex

About
Okay, so I started out on Quizilla but that turned out to be nothing but a drama infested site that I don't even want to look back on. People steal your work, and then turn and claim that they slaved .. more..

Writing