PART I: Chapter III

PART I: Chapter III

A Chapter by Audrey Mills

It had been a week and in that particular week I had experienced many odd situations. One, I couldn’t read Melody’s minds yet I could. Second, I had almost killed her and with that came a desire I didn’t approve of. I had given these predicaments a lot of attention when I was given a chance to be alone. I had given myself a theory of my confusion, that I could not read her directly, but only when her mind was left unguarded. As for my overwhelming urge whenever I breathed her scent, I easy fixed this problem by cutting off my air circulation whenever I was in her room, and so far things were going smoothly. However, I was unsure of how long I could hold out.

 

I still hadn’t confronted Carlisle about it, and I wasn’t planning on. The guilt scorched inside of me. I still wasn’t able to comprehend why I suddenly felt for another human. I had only been a year and a year to me was like a week in my lifetime. I felt betrayed by my body and how my mind could abruptly charge my action’s course. The scent remained infringed on my memory, the taste barely there on my tongue. She was haunting me, my own personal evil, the one who wanted me to suffer. However, I reminded myself that she was half-witted of what she was doing to me.

 

Curiosity killed the cat was a clique of the human world and I was falling under curiosity’s spell. I wanted to know who this girl was and what she felt about me. Do I scare her? Anger her? Does she feel joy in my presence? The questions burned inside of me, I wanted the answers and I was fatigued of waiting.

 

 

I walked through the doorframe and saw her sitting there staring at the phone with agony in her eyes. Her expression drove a thorn through my heart as to why I didn’t understand what the look on her face explained and the meaning of it. I took a deep breath and entered the room. Her expression instantly changed from sadness to wearisome.

 

I closed the door behind me and saw her eyes flicker with fear just for moment. She shrugged away from me slightly. I smiled.

 

“I need to talk you.” I stated the truth blankly.

 

She just stared waiting for me to press on.

 

“I can read minds, by the means of someone’s thoughts. Except for yours.”

 

Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

 

“Well to put it straight, I can only read the thoughts you want me to hear.”

 

Can you here me now?

 

I was surprised by how appealing her voice sounded.

 

“Yes.”

 

She looked shocked and yet grateful at the same time. I told her I would be back with her lunch shortly.

 

 

 

She had requested a dish of chicken and rice with a side of strawberry ice cream. I promptly headed down to the cafeteria and after gathering up her lunch made my way upstairs to deliver the tray of food.

 

As I walked in her eyes were gleaming with anticipation and my mind was bombarded with questions. I was overwhelmed.

 

“Hey slow down. One at a time please!”

 

I set her tray down and she didn’t even acknowledge it. She just waited. I closed the door and sat down in the doctor’s chair.

 

“Okay go ahead.”

 

First question, how can you read minds?

 

“It’s a gift.”

 

I wanted more of an explanation.

 

Her voice was demanding in my head. I shook it.

 

“I’ve always been able to do it, my parents thought I was too imaginative when I was a child, however we don’t talk about it make anymore.”

 

By ‘we’ you mean Carlisle and Esme.

 

“Yes. How do you know my mother?”

 

Carlisle used to talk about her a lot when he was my doctor, in fact, he told me all about your family. It’s very unique.

 

I swallowed and kept my gaze steady as my heart dropped. Carlisle wouldn’t reveal us to this girl? Or was she like Bella, who was too smart for her own good? I felt uneasy.

 

“How so?”

 

How you and the other were adopted. That is very kind him to do. Also, how you all come from different families, yet you still look alike. Why is that?

 

“Well we do all live in Forks, so I assume the lack of sunlight.” I replied kindly.

 

Her next question was tougher to weave around.

 

What about your eye color? They change from time to time.

 

I shrugged, “Yes, they do change, depending on my hunger level.”

 

Hopefully she would consider “hunger” as human food…

 

She was silent for some time. Thinking, something I didn’t approve of.

 

That’s all.

 

I was thrown off by the fact she wanted me to leave, but I didn’t question her for if I stayed that would mean more uncomfortable questions.

 

I flashed her a smile and wished her a good day.

 

Same to you…



© 2008 Audrey Mills


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on November 27, 2008