Chapter 15 – “It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice,

Chapter 15 – “It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice,

A Chapter by LT Kodzo

Before I can thank Mario for what he’s done, he drops the branch and grabs his wrist. The Bracelet hums to life and I scream, “No!”

Mario convulses before me.

I shout at the camera, “Turn it off! Turn it off!”

But they don’t listen.

Mario’s body quivers, his eyes wide open.

“No! No! NO!” I’m on my knees now waiting for the madness to stop. Knowing this is all my fault. I should have waited for the group. I should have been nice to Dee Dee. I should have done a million things. But I didn’t, I never have. And the first time someone stands up for me, they get a thousand jolts forced through them.

Mario collapses to the ground in a lump. Why now? They didn’t zap Fisher when I needed them to. They didn’t stop this mess. Why now?

I sit shocked and confused.

Clouds float softly in the sky. The sound of boots crunching pine needles is distant. I can’t remember a time someone stepped in to protect me. As cartoon clouds contrast against blue sky, I try to think. Mario will never be my hero. I don’t believe in them. But he will have my trust.

Jackson comes over and sits next to me.

I don’t pay any attention to him. He can sit there. I don’t care. The reality of what just happened sits on the fringe of my mind. It’s not significant. It’s not important. At the end of the day, nothing is. Except this one thing. Mario’s action kept me safe from Fisher.



© 2015 LT Kodzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on October 9, 2015
Last Updated on October 9, 2015
Tags: young adult, prison, detention center, locker 572, survival, christian, dystopian

The Center


Author

LT Kodzo
LT Kodzo

Rock Springs, WY



About
I'm the author of 2 published works of Fiction as well as a series of Picture Books I wrote for my children over 20 years ago. more..

Writing
The Center The Center

A Book by LT Kodzo