Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Hunted - Chapter 2

Hunted - Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lucydragon-magma (Dametus)

I tried to avoid Brian as much as possible today. I knew something was up with him. Whenever he got nervous, he would brush his cheek with his left hand. His eyes kept drifting to me every few seconds. I took a deep breathe. I just have to make sure he doesn't get the chance to talk to me alone.

It was almost time to close the shop and it was Friday. I wo t have to worry about Brain until Monday after this. Only 20 more minutes and then I can grab my bag and book it. I stared at the clock every chance I got. The clocks handles moving and ticking made the time go slower.

10 Minutes to go.

6 Minutes.

4 Minutes.

2 Minutes.

It was 9pm. I quickly locked the door of the Cafe and turned to run to grab my bag so I could leave before Brian decided to approach me for what ever reason. As soon as I turned around Brian was standing right infont of me. I jumped back and only ended up hitting the glass door.

I was blocked by the glass door so I couldn't make my escape like I had been doing all day today.
"B-Brain?" I stuttered over his name, knowing what was coming.

"Hey Jade, I've been meaning to talk to you about something for a while." A blush seemed to appear over his cheeks. "Uh-I-uh was wondering if you'd be interested in uh like going to the movies with me this Saturday night?"

This was exactly what I had been trying to avoid but the good thing was I had been preparing to reject Brian since the day I started working here. I put my best smile on, "I'd love to go to the movies with you Brain! We've become really good friends over these last 2 weeks!" I bit my lip and pretended that I was thinking over something. "I might not be able to this week though, I've already made plans to help my neighbour this week. Maybe next time, is that okay?"

I saw the disappointment on his face. My heart sank, I didn't like hurting him but I couldn't let Brain think we could be anything more than friends. "Yeah, that's no problem."

"Oh no, I forgot I promised to meet up with her tonight too!" I said quickly trying to escape.

"Oh ok, sorry for keeping you so late." He said moving back so I could leave.

I quickly passed by him and grabbed my purse and left the shop through the back door. I didn't want him to offer to drop me at home and discover that my neighbours aren't the friendly, social, outgoing people I told him about.

Over my stupid thoughts, I didn't notice the empty beer bottle on the ground and I tripped over it. On instinct I stuck out my hands to stop my fall. I fell on my knees, but most of the pressure was on my palms that had been scraped from the fall. Oh God no! Please! I looked at my palms which now had the crimson liquid on them. I was bleeding!


© 2022 Lucydragon-magma (Dametus)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on August 30, 2022
Last Updated on August 30, 2022
Tags: Werewolf, Romance, Fiction


Author

Lucydragon-magma (Dametus)
Lucydragon-magma (Dametus)

Ontario, Canada



About
I Iove to write, I`m hoping to be able to update more often now. I would also love to hear what you think of my writing, so please let me know. Thks :) more..

Writing