Hunted - Chapter 4

Hunted - Chapter 4

A Chapter by Lucydragon-magma (Dametus)

After last night's little episode, I had told myself that I wouldn't leave my apartment for the next 2 days. Just incase. Instead, I was going to sit and memorize the rest of Simcoe's map. If I hadn't been reviewing it for the past 2 weeks I would have never remembered where the public washrooms were located. Now I just need to memorize everything else and determine when or how I could use the other areas to my advantage.

I sat there for a good 30 minutes before a yawn escaped from my mouth. Sleep or walk? My body wanted to sleep and rest but I wanted to explore. I groaned. Sitting in this small apartment unit for 2 days was going to be too much, I needed to get out. I'll just walk on the trail close to the apartment and come back home safely. Done!

So I put on a cute peach colored summer dress, with spandex shorts underneath. You never know when a girl's gotta run and I sure as hell don't want other's to see my flower patterned undies, if I did indeed end up having to run. With my curves, the dress looked quite fine on me. Damn, isn't it a bad trait to complaint yourself or was it a positive one? I don't remember. At 25 I don't care what I learnt back in high-school. I grabbed matching peach flip-flops. Now, hopefully I can think more clearly when I'll be walking down the trail.

****

I breathed in the fresh air as I walked into through the trail close to the apartment. Nature seemed much more beautiful ever since I was turned into an werewolf. The beautiful flowers, the wide big trees and even the bright green grass.

I laughed at the ridiculousness of my situation. I was living where the Pack of Ontario lived. I know they killed all those that stepped on their territory without permission. Werewolf's that weren't part of the pack were either know as 'mutts' or 'rogue's'. Though I don't quite know the difference. Right now I'm not sure what I would qualify as.

I'm pretty new to the whole werewolf thing but I do know that I'm not the same as other werewolves. It's been a  month and a half since I've changed. I breathed in the cool air as I walked. I closed my eyes as I remembered the first time I had found out about werewolves. My boyfriend had changed right infront of me. He had then attacked me inorder to change me into a werewolf. I took a deep breath and tried to chase away the horrible memories. They-

" Umph" The noise came out of my mouth as I crashed into something. I massaged my nose as it hurt front the impact. I had continued walking with my eyes closed and hadn't noticed when I walked into something. I've been walking on this trail for 8 days now and had never seen something here before that I could crash into. I opened my eyes to a blue broad chest. I looked up slightly to see that I had bumped into a person and I felt my cheeks warming up as I stared at his features. Golden locks fell from his head and eyes blue riveting eyes started into mine. He was wearing a blue shirt that tightly covered his broad chest and that was what I had first seen. A grin split on his face as he saw me gawking at him like an idiot.

I jumped back as I realized who I had just bumped into. The beta. How do I know this? My ex. His obsession with the this specific pack had amazed me. I remember the pictures he had of every member. Those pictures were nothing compared to the real thing. I looked back at him.

His smile faded as he looked at me with a quizzical look. My heart started beating like I had been running a marathon. Then his face lit up like he had just realized something and he grinned at me. "Are you okay?"

It took me a moment to reply. "I-I-I'm fine." After a second, I smiled at him. He hadn't noticed anything! He just thought I was nervous because of his good looks, blonde hair and perfect smile. I realized he thought my heart was beating like crazy because of his disgustingly good looks and not due to the fact I was standing in front of someone who could potentially kill me without any effort. I guess this is one of the moments where I can love the fact that I blush easily. And right now, I knew I was blushing from the warmth in my cheeks.

Another thing that helped me is the fact that other werewolves can't detect my scent. That's how I have been able to survive living here the past 2 weeks. So, I have no need to be afraid. I calmed down a little bit. It's okay I repeated to myself, I'm safe...for now.


"I'm sorry, I-uh-wasn't paying attention" As much as I wanted to run away, I knew I couldn't. That would be more suspicious, so I decided try something else. I blinked my eyes and tilted my head slightly up. "Are...Are you okay?" If he thought I was a love-stricken girl, then why not act the part? Hopefully I was doing it correctly.

"I'm fine". He replied looking amused. Then he tilted his head slight as if he were observing me. I refused to believe that my heart beating was due to this..I gulped..thing. When I saw the smile appear on his face, I felt like he knew exactly what I was thinking. That annoyed me and I know my face was mostly likely bright red now.

“If you'll excuse me.” I glared at him and tried to pass him. I didn't care about acting like a love-stricken girl anymore, I just didn't want to be here! Might have been a stupid decision but I wasn't thinging clearly anymore. He moved over to block me.

“I haven't seen you here before, are you new?” He asked. I tried to keep calm. It's just a simple question.

“I haven’t see you here either.” I stated. “I've been walking on this trail for over a week and this is the first time I've seen you.” Damn his blue eyes that peered in mine. Did these werewolves have powers that I wasn't aware. Hypotonization or something.

“I don't come here often.” He replied with a smile. “I might have to change that though.” I almost choked when he said that. Was that him teasing or threatening me? I'm going to take it as the latter.

“I really should get going.” I said as I brushed past him.

“Will I see you here tomorrow?”

“Probably not!” I said a bit annoyed again. As I left, I heard him chuckle.

*****

I slammed the door shut as soon as I got back into my apartment. For some reason, the encounter with the Beta annoyed me! Yes, this man had scared me but more than fear, I wanted to strangle him. His annoying grin flashed into my stupid brain. I punched the apartment wall and stopped as I noticed the crack that had appeared on the wall. S**t, I can't afford to pay for any damages so I have to calm down.

I looked at the crack and then my palms. I didn't know if my limited strength was a good thing or bad. Yes, I was strong but not as strong as a normal werewolf. Grabbing an apple juice box, I sat on my cheap ripped up brown couch. It was the best I could do since moving here. I got it for $20 from the old man that was moving out from this unit.

I drank from the juicebox as I remembered how strong my ex had been. He had made a hole in the wall when he had punched it. He had been angry at me. I shivered as I remembered how I had been held captive for three weeks by him. I shook my head. I didn't need to remember that past anymore. I was free now, I'll be safe here! I groaned. I had been groaning a lot recently but I couldn't help it. The only safe place was here in Simcoe and only if I didn't bleed.

I don't know how it worked but my scent stayed hidden as long as I didn't bleed. The moment my blood is exposed, other werewolves can smell my scent and tell that I'm a werewolf too. How this worked? I had no idea. It's funny that even when I bleed every month, my scent still can't be detected. What the actual fudge?! So, I'm in more danger from a simple paper cut than I am from this s****y almost collapsible apartment.

I also have only half the strength after changing, but once a I bleed I am able to unlock most of my strength. For the hundredth time tonight, I groaned at the curse that I was under.



© 2022 Lucydragon-magma (Dametus)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3 Views
Added on September 1, 2022
Last Updated on September 1, 2022
Tags: Werewolf, Romance, Fiction


Author

Lucydragon-magma (Dametus)
Lucydragon-magma (Dametus)

Ontario, Canada



About
I Iove to write, I`m hoping to be able to update more often now. I would also love to hear what you think of my writing, so please let me know. Thks :) more..

Writing