Forgiveness

Forgiveness

A Story by marah
"

As individuals we find it quite hard to allow people who simply wronged us to have something so special, our forgiveness. We believe that shallow feeling of negativity will die out, it wont.

"
Forgiveness, it is not for the specific person or people; whether or not they deserve it, you give it to them, you hand that piece of you as if they were roses on Valentines Day. And for those who read this, hear this, and the people that may even ignore this; don't let them win. And do not have a misconception that compared to you, I have not been as poorly wronged, believe me I have felt it, I have lived it. In the span of my life I’ve seen more dark then light and have shed more tears than shared laughs. Though despite the people and/or individual(s) that have shadowed my life with negativity, I forgave them, I even felt the need to try and help them. Even in the times they did not say sorry, I whispered to myself “it’s okay” as if they came to me with words of apology, they didn't. I am guessing you are confused or perhaps thinking I am a lunatic, but the simple fact of forgiving is for your mental health not them. It is the satisfaction of you allowing yourself to escape the chains of despair they so efffotlesstly tried to tie you in, forgive them for that mistake too. And believe me, if you consistently have someone or something that is in the past and you do not let it go, you’re weighing yourself down with each bracket of pain. You have begun to highlight and focus the bad whereas you could be awaiting the future of love. You’ve entirely stopped your journey of growth and self-improvement. Especially, in even in the moments you do not think about that person(s) you will still have the slightest bit of darkness within your mind, consuming your own self-reflection. In the grand scale forgive all that have made you weak, they made you stronger. For those who have made you cry, wipe the tears away, and say “its ok” they allowed you to have those eyes sparkle. And if someone has told you otherwise about who you are, present the person you can be. Not only forgive them, but thank them for teaching you a lesson; for allowing your mind and mentality to prosper. 

- i forgive everyone who has made me feel like my breaths were less valuable then their own, for the people who shunned difference and brought morality into superiority, for men who mistaken my sex as "almost good enough", for people assuming my race indicates my intelligence, for the man who hit my mother and wished my death was near, for the people who said fat was ugly, and for the world for allowing these things to be a pattern. You are why i am this beautiful thing today, i love you. 

© 2017 marah


Author's Note

marah
i will only hope you understand me

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

761 Views
Added on June 30, 2017
Last Updated on June 30, 2017
Tags: forgiveness mental health

Author

marah
marah

CA



About
I write to serve the Lord now more..

Writing
That Night That Night

A Poem by marah