Deer hunting in the 70's

Deer hunting in the 70's

A Chapter by .:Lu:.
"

IDK!

"
"Popcorn............BRITISH!"
I laughed at vi Davi. "Right! Pants."
The girl across from me thought for a minute. Her icy blue eyes rolled up as she did so.
"Pants.....hmmm...pants.....I KNOW! Bacon!"
"Correct again!" I laughed. Vi Davi leaned back with a sly grin on her face.
"I told you, I can guess it. And I don't have mindpower." She flipped her brown-and-black streaked hair back behind her shoulders.
"So what now? We don't have to help the Asian Sect until Westhunt is prepared."
Vi Davi looked over her shoulder, at the clock. "Archery practice wouldn't hurt. I need something to kill time." Her eyes sparkled with mischief. "Unless," she grinned, "you're got a better idea."
In fact, I did.
Ten minutes later, we had ourselves ten feet up in a tree. Vi Davi held a small remote in one hand, the sly grin back on her face. I looked down to what seemed like a bush.
"Wait for it..." I heard a whisper from next to me.
A six-point buck wandered under our tree, paused, then continued on.  Vi Davi screamed wildly and pressed a button. a spear launched itself into the deer's left leg. It tried to run, but couldn't go far.
Vi Davi leaped down and pulled out a wickedly curved blade from her pocket. With incredible speed, she jumped up and threw her sword into the buck's head. It stumbled and fell, then fell still.
As silently as she had climbed down, vi Davi removed the weapon from the deer and replaced it to her pocket. She took out a smaller knife and slit the neck, then behind the rear legs. She then made an incision along its underside. She put the dagger back in her backpack, then tore off its skin.
 "This'll make a real good jacket for Katielynn. She likes soft fur." Vi Davi grinned. "You get the meat. I'm out to Westhunt."
And then, like that, she jogged off, the skin in her hand.


© 2011 .:Lu:.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on March 14, 2011
Last Updated on March 14, 2011


Author

.:Lu:.
.:Lu:.

Galena, OH



About
Chocolate......bacon..............and cake. The joys of life. more..

Writing
Leaving Leaving

A Poem by .:Lu:.


My Voice My Voice

A Story by .:Lu:.