The Massacre

The Massacre

A Chapter by Sophie

“Missa! Wake up!” Ian shakes me.

            “What? Are we late for school?” I ask. Then memories flood me. “Oh, right.”

            “Someone’s on the lake!” He says urgently. I bolt upright for two reasons, my mind thinks, who, are they a threat? And my stomach thinks, is it a boy? Being a siren is quite disgusting to my mind. As I train my eyes on the shimmering water I see a row boat, hidden by fog.  I hear the soft splashing of the oars coming ever closer. If they were unfriendly, they would have shot by now, but if they were friendly they would have said something. Something wasn’t right. As the boat drifts into view, I see it’s driver is slumped over the side, it’s head hanging on by a little skin, it’s throat slit and a trail of red dissipating into the once crystalline lake.

            “Ian, don’t look!”I shout. He blocks his eyes too late, I hear him whimper. The oars I had heard was his head bobbing in and out of the water. I immediately recognize it as my family’s work, this is how we killed Sirens. I did this to people. It is a warning from my father, I know, they are giving us a chance.

            I pull the boat ashore and start setting up the man to go back into the lake, hoping it’s a proper enough funeral, I can’t have him there long enough to dig a hole, I’m already worried about my self control. My stomach grumbles in rage as I send him back out on the water.

I turn to Ian, “Are you okay?” I whisper to him, he’s trembling.

            “That was Mommy and Daddy, wasn’t it?” He whispers.

            “Yeah.” I say. “We need support, we need Jordan and Ashlyn.” Jordan and Ashlyn are my two best friends. Jordan is a guy, he’s on the football team, and is a real butt head in school. Out of school he’s completely normal and not a jerk. Ashlyn is a girl, she’s super artsy, she does some of the best paintings in the world, and if she were to be a closet Being, she’d be a faery. She’s tiny.

            “Jordan! YES!” Ian loves Jordan like a brother, which trust me, we have plenty of.

            “Can you run fast?” I ask Ian.

            “Faster than you.” He says, completely innocently.

            “Wanna bet?” I grin and take off. Every Being can run fast, its part of the escaping thing from people like I was, before that voice whispered my name. That voice, was that how we are chosen? I hadn’t learned that. Thoughts fly through my head at top speed, much like /I am through the forest. Who was that voice? Are my parents really going to kill there two youngest children? Oh God, Jordan better be some sort of Being, I’ll eat him eventually! Oh god oh god oh god. Man I’m hungry, I really hope there aren’t any campers around.

            We reach the school at the same time. I burst into the front doors, forgetting about my beauty, dress, and desire to eat human teenage boys. Everyone looks at me. It should’t be shocking, people get turned all the time, but me, well that was a whole other story. I openly hated non-humans with every fiber of my being, so to be one, when that’s just a bowl of irony in sarcasm sauce mixed with Thank-You-So-Much-Universe spices.

            The school stares at the wild eyed Siren  in the doorway, I catch bits of conversation.

            “Missa Kerman?! Man, that’s iro-”

            “Wow, she transformed nic-”

            “Hasn’t had her first meal, back awa-” Then I walk forward into the school. Human guys flee, while non-human guys check me out.

            “Ashlyn? Jordan?” I cal into the dead silent hallway.

            “Missa?!” Ashlyn exclaims running up to me. She stops short to examine the dress.

            “Hey Missa! What’s up?” Completely oblivious as usual, Jordan comes up and hugs me, he hugs everyone. I feel my eyes start to glow and my teeth sharpen, my mouth salivates at the smell emanating from him.

            “Whoa, dude, back away, his best friend says, very bravely pulling him off me.

            “What, why?” Idiot…

            “Dude, she’s a Siren now! Did you not notice, well, that!?” He gestures to all of me. I cross my arms, self-conscious now, and hoping I’ll contain the hunger that’s raging inside me.

            “Are you okay, Missa?”Ashlyn asks.

            “As I’ll ever be, my parents killed a fisherman and sent him across the lake to warn Ian and me, they’re going to kill us. We need you to run away with us.” I hadn’t realized how selfish that was of me, to ask my two best friends to pack up everything and leave. “We need help.”

            “OUTTA MY WAY! OUTTA MY WAY!” The school nurse shouts.

            “You a new Siren?” She asks loudly. I nod timidly.

            “You sing yet?” I nod again.

            “Damn, girl, don’t you know anythin’? Come wit’ me.” She takes my arm and drags me into the nurse’s office.

            “Here,” She hands me something wrapped in tin foil.

            “What is this?” I say, starting to unfold it. Then the smell hits me. My eyes go wide. Mrs. Jackson chuckles and goes off into another room. I devour the contents of the package quickly, and fall asleep. I wake up later; my eyes crusted shut from sleeping.

            I get up and walk into the main office. It’s oddly silent, probably just the middle of a period.

            “What time i-” Slumped over in her spinney chair, is Mrs. Jackson, or, most of her. Her head rolled under her desk. Oh my God, Ian! I’ve been asleep, where could he be!? What if my parents got him! I’ll never forgive myself. I run into the hallway, my dress askew. Bodies of known Beings litter the floor. The remaining ones and humans glare at me in accusation. I look at the bloody scene in horror. They are all decapitated, or close to it, it is terrifying. My parents.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews pleeease!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

very scary

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

no problem lol
luv2dream

11 Years Ago

hahaha! hey, when is the next chapter in the fan fiction #3 going to be?
Sophie

11 Years Ago

er... I haven't started it yet...
wow.i love it


Posted 12 Years Ago


i can picture this storty in my head and follow and time the places, you sound like you are describing yourself as megan fox. that movie replays in my head. this is an fantasic story you got here. i like the vocabulary you used in this story too.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2012
Last Updated on January 14, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie