Gone

Gone

A Chapter by makayla
"

"Marisa come back" My mother screams as i runaway. "Just keep running, keep running" I tell myself. As my mothers voice becomes more faint. I begin to feel more safe.

"
 "Marisa come back" My mother screams as i runaway.
"Just keep running, keep running" I tell myself. As my mothers voice becomes more faint. I begin to feel more safe. 
      (2 weeks later)
  I wake up on the streets. I have $10 left of the money I stole from my mom before I left,on me. My stumic starts to growl. I look around for a place to eat when it starts to sink in where I am. All around me I see old apartments with broken windows. Just as i go to stand up the sound of police sirens echo down the street .
  I take off running again "there coming for you" I tell my self. I close my eyes as I run and I imagine a happy place where there is a warm fire and I'm with the family I always dreamed of having... The ones I see in the movies. I feel something touch my chest like someones hand.Holding me back. I open my eyes slowly. In front of me I see a teenage boy about my age (15 or so). He had dark brown eye. The kind that felt like if you looked into them long enough you could see everything about him. His hair was a messy chocolate color and his smile was ever so sweet.
   "You don't want to do this" he said in a calming voice. 
"What are you talking about?" I said trying to sound nonchalant.
"Your running away from something. I can tell I've done the same thing but the thing your running from will always come and find you".
"Listen I don't know who you are and at this point I don't care".
"You can't run for ever and you cant push everyone away. Especially when there just trying to help you".
"I don't need help" my voice rude. 
"Oh really cause your eyes look like you haven't slept well in weeks. Your hair is just well" He picked up a strand of my natty hair. "Your clothes need to be washed there turning black and you were running with your eyes closed down the street when I stopped you". He said in as rude as i did to him. Then he chuckled
"And what are you gonna do? introduce me to your family and be all hey I found this girl on the streets can we keep her?" I said sarcastically 
 He just smiled at me, looked at the cracked concrete, then grabbed my hand and started running. 
"Where are we going?" I asked. But when he just looked back at me I realized I didn't. Also i didn't exactly know where i was anyways so it didn't really matter. After running for only about 10 minutes we stopped in front of this old city apartment building. 
   The bricks were all cracked. It looked like if you even barley touched it, it would all come falling down. 8 out  of the 10 windows were broke. The only thing missing was an eviction notice or a fail to pay notice and i would say this would be the most getto apartment building ever! 
"Well are you coming" the boy was already you the stairs and at the door. 
"Um... yeah sure" I said trying not to sound rude if this is where he lived. We walked through the door and entered into a long hallway.There was several rooms, all the doors were open except one. In some rooms there were beds in others just a blanket laying on the floor. The walls were a dirty light blue and clashed with the also dirty multi-colored carpet.Only one light in the hallway worked  (well halfway worked.... it flickered).I walked down the hallway slowly.Turned and look at the boy still standing in the driveway.
  "Do you live here?" I said in the nicest tone i could manage. He looked down and chuckled.
  "No this is a program i started last year. Lots of kids run away and for some reason lots of them end up here.  So we started calling it The Runaway Hotel. I let kids live here until they... Cool off or figure out why they should go back home-"
I cut him off "What if I never want to go home?" i said meanly
"Are you saying your a runaway?" he replied in a smart alec tone. I start to look around the room. I didn't know what to say. There was a very awkward silence for about 5 minutes but it felt like hours. Then he replied ever so sweetly
"You can stay here till you figure out where your going. But they all end up going home."
   My first night was creepy. It was like horror music "drip, drip, creeek, creeek, eeeeeekkkkk". Every noise seemed like a killer coming closer. But it was better then the night on the streets for sure.
   My wrist bleeds from the fresh cuts. As i here my door start to open i try to cover it up. But there is still blood on the floor. "What the hell did you do now?" my mom screams. 
I pull up my jacket and point at my cuts. "This is all your fault"! I scream. My mom slaps me to the floor.
"Don't you ever balm me for something you did to your self" she screams. I start to cry.Then I get up and begin to run. My mom grabs my arm and pulls me down.
   
    I wake to someone knocking at my door. "Oh think go, it was all a dream" I think to my self "breath, it will all be okay. its just a memory". It was the memory of the night i ran away.The knocking continued then someone said "New girl wake up it's time to go to get food". Its sounded like a little boy. Sweet, calm, and high pitched. 
    "Go? Go where?"I ask
"May I come in?" 
"Yeah i guess" I said confused still. The little boy who looked to be about 11 skipped into my room with a pair of clothes. "Hope they fit you. They were the last girl's". he said as he set a hot pink tank top and basketball ball shorts on the bed.
"So where am i going?" 
"Well every morning the people here go out to eat breakfast or as i call it morning food" The little boy said. He seemed very mature for his age. 
"Now get changed. Cody hasn't stopped talking about you". He says in a annoyed tone.
"Who's Cody?" I ask. I knew the answer. But i just didn't want to be wrong if that wasn't his name.
"He the guy who lets us live here". 


© 2011 makayla


Author's Note

makayla
Hope you like it...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

great story! There are some spelling and grammar errors though, so you might want to go through and edit it agaid, a few arestumic is stomach and think go should be Thank God. Great plot though, look foward to more!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 24, 2011
Last Updated on December 6, 2011
Tags: pain, lies, love, family


Author

makayla
makayla

TX



About
LOVE WRITING AND MUSIC AND FRIENDS AND LIFE(SOMETIMES) I'm pretty crazy but I'm proud of it! more..

Writing
love love

A Poem by makayla


choices choices

A Poem by makayla


hi... everyone hi... everyone

A Chapter by makayla