Sunset......

Sunset......

A Story by manasi sarangi
"

Passions can break the hardest walls.....this the silence before the tsunami...

"

Sunset

Every time when I come to sea-beach, sunset mesmerise me in the same way as it was, when I was 20. Now I am seventy-three, then also it used to share the same feelings with me…..I have shared all my deadly secrets with this sea only and as a best friend he always kept it within its waves. Never let them out of his chest. He is always someone whom I can trust at the most…………

          Sometime I used to think, how the life could be  and how I made it. I used to be very philosophical whenever I am close to sea:-

“Every why, when and what is not answerable.”

        Then I have realised, it was about to happen so it happened. The story has begun when I was twenty. Yes, I, Miss Himalaya Bharadwaj, I was doing my graduation. Almost full with energy, full of life………Happy with my life-line , my best friend, Rishita. That time was such a time, making fun, being innocent. Although we used to know all the things……..just showing off that we do not know anything.

         Finally that day came, when all my agony is going to start. Rishita told me she is getting married. At that time I was not ready for her marriage. Because she was getting married to a simple bank clerk. I wished that she should get married to someone like………..u can understand my that feeling. That time my thinking was so stupid……I have so many questions about pratham. Why she is getting married to him? How she is going to manage the things and all? Then also as a best friend I shared all the duties. From joining to buy sarees to mehendi………She used to tell so many things. Oneday somebody called me in my land-line. I picked up the phone. It was pratham. He asked me ,“Am I so unfit for your friend?” For that moment I thought I would kill Rishitha. “No Jiju,I was just pulling her leg.” I told. Then only he relieved. Like that the marriage happened. I came to Mumbai for my job. Rishitha got a baby-girl. When I used to go to my home-town I was going to her home, meet with all her in-laws and jiju. She was not able to breathe due to her joint-family. “Why are not you telling jiju to take promotion?” I asked. “Yah!!!  that is the relief, he got the promotion, just posting is pending.” She told. After that I came back to Mumbai.

                          Just after one lunar, I got a call. It was pratham jiju. “Hey, Himi, I am in Mumbai, Staying in Malad. If you will get time, come some weekend. Another one good-news, your friend is expecting again.” “Where is she? I will kill her. Still now she did not tell me.” “Hold on Himi, Still now she is not in Mumbai, After delivery she will come. Then you can do whatever you want.” Then he put down the call. My next reaction was obvious, I called my life-line and discussed(Yelled) all the things.

                      One Late November Sunday I was sleeping, Rishita called me. “Himi, Pratham is not really well, pls go.” “I am not a doctor Rishi.” I told. Actually I was not interested to leave my sleep. “ No himi, he has a fever, he is not able to call the doctor.” That time I felt serious. I dressed up and went to his home.

                 Pratham was sleeping on the bad. I touched his forehead, it was really hot. Rishi was right. But that time only I felt some-thing. I never touched any man rather than my bro and pa. I ignored my that passion and called doctor. Doctor came, did the check-up and told that he has to take the medicines in every three hours. I called Rishi. “ Thanks himi, Thank you so much.Ok,I think now he can take care of himself, go home safely himi. Give the phone to him.” She told. I saw pratham was sleeping, what happened to me I do not know. “He is sleeping, once he will be fine, he will talk to you.” I told. “Ok, go safe himi.”

                                     Although Rishi told me to go home, somehow I could not think to go home.  I was sitting next to jiju and thinking what to do? Suddenly I felt a warm hand on my thigh. I saw that there was a different look in pratham’s eye. His hands then shifted to all over my body and I did not restrict him. Although I thought I was feeling the same way. As we both become one soul, I had started losing myself. As he came in me, I cried in happiness. He was also moaned. At that moment I felt myself complete. Nobody was there at that time. I slept in his arms peacefully. Like, I never slept before…..

                  By the time sun rose, I woke up and kissed him. His body was alright. He kissed me back and slept again. I went and took bath…….. After taking bath   I came to bed and kissed him again…that time I saw his family photo with Rishi……. I thought “what have I done?” I ran like a mad cow to my hostel…….After that day I never picked any call from anyone. Pratham called me so many times I never replied to him…….I did not want know also why he called me.

                 “You are pregnant.” Doctor confirmed me. I did not have any way, except leaving country. Because I did not want to abolish my love’s last signature. May be it was just only one night, but I lived it……….I left to Canada… For one year. I gave birth to mithi. Managed everything on my own. After some time I found mark there. He has accepted me with my Mithi.  Then also, whenever I used to think of Rishi I felt bad, since I have to leave her because of just one passion……….I heard from someone that she told since I got married to one Canadian and became rich so I cut off all the relations with her……..But how could I tell her, if I would be in her life we both cannot be lived with the desire of one man……..I am also not happy to leave my country, my society, my religion……..It would not be hard to motivate pratham towards me……..The two things stopped me are Humanity and friendship…………still now I am doing my duty for friendship silently…….by keeping away from her world……

“Mom! Dad is searching you.” My mithi called me. The sun set already and I was thinking all these things. Mithi’s hands are really as Pratham’s. If anybody will see her they can say she was carbon copy of Pratham………but I have to stay away from india…from pratham…from every expect which make me close to pratham…because I can control myself…….but definitely I can’t control him….can’t deny his passion….

 

 

 

                     

© 2014 manasi sarangi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it’s awesome...such passion emotion.:.wow...l

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 2, 2014
Last Updated on February 2, 2014

Author

manasi sarangi
manasi sarangi

bangalore, karnataka, India



About
hi, I am so much passionate about writing...because of my personal duties...i was not able to give time to my passion so now i am here..please judge my writing and give me feedback...thanx. more..

Writing