A day in the life

A day in the life

A Poem by marcie

Recoiling from a whisper

rushing headlong into a shout

constantly craving what we cant have

throwing away what we shouldn't be without

 

Putting trust in complete strangers

Yet suspicious of  a friend

Overlooking a fairytale ending

Not wanting  nightmares to end

 

Shying away from tomorrow

Holding on  to yesterday

Causing a disturbance

When theres nothing left to say

 

Laundry and unpaid bills replace

The dreams that are left to rot

Its just another day within

The life that time forgot

 

 

 

© 2010 marcie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! This is sooo good. You have encapsulated the essence of the human condition. We so often give up our dreams and feel trapped in a humdrum existence. But, we can have find happiness no matter how difficult or boring our everyday life may seem if we remember that happiness is not a destination but rather found in the journey and but look for the little things that bring joy to our souls.

This has a great rhyme and flow which make it a really enjoyable read.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Absolutely wonderful, I love the way that your brain works. The second stanza was my favourite as there was so much within it that I can relate to. 'It's just another day within the life that time forgot' was another very strong bit and a lovely conclusion for such a fantastic write. Once again, thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


An excellent poem; it subverts the cliches often associated with this type of look-at-life poetry. Clever thinking. Good and unusual use of phraseology. Well done. Time to move on though?
ATB
Alex.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, this was really good writing. Great flow and the content has much truth...A pleasure to read...

Posted 13 Years Ago


and what we gain is the opportunity to grow up...that's the price we have to pay to send us on our way....

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so amazing but yet so truthful.
I like this alot, paying bills and doing laundry
that is teh story of my life.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You write beautifully...

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is really good. You definitely captured the busy life... People get so caught up that they often forget what they should keep and keep what they should forget. We forget the dreams and the lives we had all planned out when we were children and accept the unsatisfying busy life that we fall into without questioning a thing. Well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


My goodness, I read that three times and loved every word. Your meter is great, the content really rings a bell .. how true those words are, start to finish.

Life has a way with us human beings, traps us yet gives us the freedom to feel and dream, if we just stop for a few seconds ..

Wonderful .. thank you for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A famous title, but with a different message. Reading Ellen's review, I second all she said, but will add that I think we sometimes have to pay for our own desires by helping others acquire theirs.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wonderful flow and end.
'The life that time forgot'
AMAZING.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

685 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 2, 2010
Last Updated on March 2, 2010

Author

marcie
marcie

Derbyshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Left Behind Left Behind

A Poem by marcie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..