Chapter Five (Alden).

Chapter Five (Alden).

A Chapter by mariah

Halfway through the show, and still sober, Avery and I had both hooked up with two girls that were there. The one that i was with was lanky and blonde- the kind of blonde i recognized as fake, like on the boxes i saw at the grocery store when i was forced to go with my older sister. The one Avery was with had hair almost identical to the color of a fire hydrant. I didn't know either of their names, but i knew the routine too well, and names did not play a part in it. Avery was sweet talking the red head while i sat trying to keep the blondes hands off of me. At one point, she somehow got her tongue in my mouth. How, i was not quite sure. But why-ever, or however, didn't matter either in this game. I went with the flow like everyone had always taught me.
Somewhere in the middle of it all, i snapped. Lifting the girl off of me will all of my strength, i got up and left, apologizing. When she asked for my number and batted her eyelashes, i told her to f**k off. I didn't know how to treat girls.
I sat out on the curb and lit a cigarette. The smoke filled the air around me, mixing with the smell of burgers coming from inside. The big black door had been propped open and i could hear the band blaring from inside, and the crowd yelling at the top of their lungs. But it felt far away, because now i was in my own world.
Six cigarettes later, i went back inside. I found my booth, and sat down. I didn't care that Avery had disappeared, and i didn't care that i was alone. I sat swallowed by my own thoughts.
We finally left, what seemed like hours later. I saw on the clock in the car that it was two am... typical. When i finally found Avery he was buttoning up his shirt and wiping his mouth. For once in my life, this sickened me.
We drove in silence and i stared out of my window, watching the white line go from dashed to solid, dashed to solid. Naturally, i glanced up everytime a car would pass us, the driver making eye contact with me before quickly looking back to the road.
That was when i saw her. She was alone, driving. And as Avery sped up to pass her, our eyes met. She glanced over and i put up a hand to the window. "Indie." I spoke out loud. She had tears streaming down her face.


© 2010 mariah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on April 28, 2010
Last Updated on April 28, 2010


Author

mariah
mariah

NC



About
mariah; seventeen. easily inspired. favorite thing hands down is the rain. favorite things hands up are the stars. i like reviews. if you look at something i wrote, leave your comments and i'll .. more..

Writing
Untitled. Untitled.

A Book by mariah