TIme Traveler: Kronos Chapter 3

TIme Traveler: Kronos Chapter 3

A Story by Asiram-Rose
"

Inherit the postion of his father, Kronos goes through differcult obstacles to prove himself worthy of a Time Traveler, But there is one person who will stop at nothing to ruin his reputation

"

Later.


“So what is your plan?” A hooded figure said as he approached a man sitting on a chair.

 

The room is dark, the only thing you can see is a blue hologram of Kronos at home, the man the hooded figure was talking to did not speak right away, and his face is turned to the screen so that the hooded figure cannot see his face.

 

“I’m going to sabotage his reputation.” The man spoke.

 

“Will that work?” The hooded figured asked. “And may I ask how you are going to do it?”

 

The man rests his chin on his hands, “Don’t worry about it, did you bring what I ask for?”

 

“Yes, when do you want me to send it back to the past?”

 

The man smirked, “As soon as he Time-Travels again”

“Is he really going to?”

 

“Knowing him; he will.

----

“Where are you going now?!” Victoria yelled after him.

 

“To class,” Kronos said as he was putting on his jacket

 

Time-Travelers do not have a normal education they are normally privately tutored by one of the council men, Kronos normally takes several classes. And today is one of his least favorite subjects:

 

Dancing in the 18th century.


“But you just got home” Victoria said sadly.

 

“I’m sorry sis, maybe another time I promise”

 

Kronos looked back at his sister; she looks like she is about to cry he just sighs and leaves the clock tower without saying anything to her. James was waiting for Kronos outside, he already has the limousine door opened for his friend.

 

"Victoria disappointed again?" James asked.

 

"Yeah, she will get over it."

 

"They're asking too much of you, Kronos. Just quit the job." James said bluntly.

 

James always suggested this, but being the concerned friend that he is how can he help it? he saw how frustrated Kronos gets when he is pressured or worse when he is pushed too far. One time when we went out to get food for Kronos he came back to see the clock tower messy and to see Kronos banging his head violently at the wall.

 

"My father did not quit and neither will I." Kronos replied back.

“You’re stubborn.”

 

Kronos chuckled at this. “I’ll tell you what if you drop this, I will be sure we go out drinking after this.

 

James grinned, “You got yourself a deal.”

--

“Do I have really to wear this? It looks ridiculous!”


Kronos in a dressing room being helped by a couple of maids, The maids proceeded to take off his clothes. He blushes a little in embarrassment as his clothes are being taken off him.

 

Kronos is wearing a long blue waistcoat. The sleeves are extended down to his hands; his waistcoat was reached down to the mid-thigh, Kronos wore black leather shoes with silk stockings.

 

James is leaning on the wall as soon as he saw Kronos he begins to laugh loudly.

 

"You look good man!" James laughed hysterically.

 

"Shut up!"

 

"I wonder who is your dancing partner is this time?" James asked.

 

Kronos simply shrugged.

 

"Shall we go to the ballroom master Kron---" At that point James simply lost it and started to laugh again, he did not notice Kronos leaving.

 

"Master Alastair, this outfit looks ridiculous I do not understand how women can wear such clothing." A woman's voice is heard in the ballroom.

 

She has red hair and pale green eyes, today she is Krono's dance partner and she doesn't seem pleased about it, she is wearing a pink solid-colored mantua’s with closed petticoats and open-fronted bodices, elbow-length sleeves are cuffed.


Alastair laughed, “Well my dear that was how they dressed back then”.

 

“Very uncomfortable, and why am I dressed like this?

 

 "In order for you to feel like you are in the 18th century."

 

 Kronos entered the ballroom, he sighed a bit hoping that this would be over quickly he looked up to see the red-haired girl staring at him.
              
“Hello, I am Vera." She greeted.

 

She extended out her hand to him.

 

He grabbed her hand and kissed it.

 

Alastair looked at them and chuckled, "Get into position."

 

Kronos wrapped one hand around Vera's waist and held the other. Vera decided to lead the dance but Al Alastair stopped her.

 

"No, No, back than men lead the dance not women.”


Vera groaned, but when Kronos was about to begin again Alastair stopped him.

 

“You forgot something, Kronos."

 

"What?"

 

"You're supposed to bow to me first then dance."

 

"Right, sorry.”

 

The both of them take their bows and then proceeded to dance again, Kronos twirled Vera around once and they proceeded to dance around the room.

 

"So," Vera started the conversation by whispering, "I heard you are the time-traveler."

 

Kronos smiled at her, "Yes I am."

 

"How is it like?" Vera asked curiously.

 

"It can be difficult at times very stressful."

 

Vera chuckled, "Especially if the council demands a lot from you."

 

Kronos twirls her around again.

 

"Any missions you like to talk about?"

 

Kronos bites his lip, "Well, I cannot talk much about it. But I was in the 17th century last week, it was minute before the Declaration Of Independence was going to be signed, one man was missing, Thomas Jefferson was late  actually very late the only thing I can tell you that he was attacked by one of those organization members So I went to investigate and I found Thomas being attacked so I intervened.

 

“What organization?" Vera asked curiously.

 

Kronos bites his lip harder, “I cannot tell you that. The council orders.”

 

"Well alright, what happened to Thomas Jefferson after you intervened?"

 

Kronos stopped dancing and looked straight into her eyes.

 

"I had to send the guy back in time--the organization member I mean and I erased Thomas Jefferson’s memory. And everything carried out normally."

 

“Very good Kronos, excellent job you too Vera.”

 

They both looked at Alastair and nodded; the both of them departed to their dressing rooms and Kronos took of the clothes that he wore for dancing.

 

“You done?”

 

Kronos looked at his friend who was now leaning on the door frame looking bored.

 

“Yes, James I am done.”

 

“Want to get something to drink now?” James asked.

 

“Yeah let’s go.”

 

“How about we do something else?” A voice said.

 

Kronos looked over to see Vera standing at the doorway, she flashed the two boys a bright smile.

Kronos smiled back at her, “Anything you have in mind?”

 

“Time-Travel?” She guessed.

 

“Oh no,” James stepped in, “He’s not supposed to time-travel back in the past.”

 

“Aw, just this once Kronos,” Vera begged, “please?”

 

© 2012 Asiram-Rose


Author's Note

Asiram-Rose
Please if you see any errors, please point them out to me. Anyways, the next chapter will involve a battle scene I'm having trouble giving the organization a name. Sorry if the story is going slow...

Anyways, A little bit of History when Alastiar (Yes I changed his name, Do not worry I will edit all my stories so that nobody will get confused) says to bow to him before dancing refrences in the 18th century where you have to bow to the king out of respect or else the king will take it as a insult.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on September 9, 2012
Last Updated on September 9, 2012

Author

Asiram-Rose
Asiram-Rose

About
I'm Marisa, and I am trying to strengthen my skills in writing. I'm 19 and I live in the USA. Critics are welcome to critic my stories. more..

Writing