BI-CEREBRATE

BI-CEREBRATE

A Poem by Mark
"

Now, for a little comedy, to balance out all that Weighty Stuff...OR IS IT?! (read in conjunction with "Bee Movie", for a different spin!)

"

 

BICEREBRATE

 

Every man, I’ve heard it said,

Has not one, but in fact, TWO heads

One head is large, the other, quite small,

But the Larger head has no mind at all!

 

The Small one owns its owner complete,

And drags him about by his own two feet

Making him do what he knows he mustn’t…

But the Large one has some things the smaller head doesn’t!

 

It alone knows Loving, and Feeling, and Caring,

And knows that Love’s not for Hurting, but Sharing

Thus, the Larger, though not stronger, is Kinder,

And MUST be consulted ‘fore the Small seeks to find her!

 

March, 1992

© 2013 Mark


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

really enjoyed this poem, though very humorous, but not without a true, deep meaning. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This little "vintage" bit made me chuckle! Nice!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mark

11 Years Ago

Thank you, Tammy! Hey, who can argue with making a pretty girl smile, right?
Very funny and sadly too true I suspect! Not sure how the two heads consult though....

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mark

11 Years Ago

We rely on YOU guys to let us know who's in the "ascendancy" at the moment--pun QUITE intentional!
Oooo-boy. You've revealed our secret, Mark! (Well, maybe not. I suppose the gals already knew)
"Sam never done much thankin' with his head, and left that chore to his wiener called "Fred."

Posted 11 Years Ago


Excellent thoughts here, Mark. A wonderful write. This from the big head with the smaller brain.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mark

11 Years Ago

Gosh, that's refreshing, meeting someone who looks beyond the first page! Thanks, Mike!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
amusingly insightful write :) Enjoyed reading it, sir :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


A witty reflection on our dual competing nature, reason vs feeling and empathy. It's always interesting to see which side the writer favours, and in this case I think it's with the larger head, even though it doesn't have a mind. Emotion and empathy are more important than logic and reason. I'd like to make a case for both heads trying to co-exit peacefully, but I know it will probably never happen!

Posted 11 Years Ago


great title...And a great write, I, as you know...am a man of few words...only joshing...My small head liked this but not until my bloody BIG head explained it

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hi Mark,

Yes, there are such divided drives in the human creature. We are a combination of the primitive and the more advanced. We are neither one or the other, and always pulled between the two poles. Generally we find ourselves in the middle somewhere. This struggle we'll never fully resolve as it is a part of our being.

Fun write and also thought provoking.

Greatly enjoyed!

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 11 Years Ago


Reminds me of a game we used to have in England when I was a kid. Called the magician or some such name, a little stand up figure holding a wand out front. You'd put it on the mirror in the centre (which had a magnet underneath), point it to a question, and it would spin around and point to the answer. I sometimes felt a bit like that when a blonde would pass me in the street, i.e. spin around and point in the general direction. lol. I think the magnet wears out a bit by my age however; now I only half turn, and get the wrong answer anyway.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

722 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 9, 2009
Last Updated on April 29, 2013

Author

Mark
Mark

Las Vegas, NV



About
Writing, for me, has always been the friend who brought out the best in me, and who would never argue with me, except when necessary to point out my many obvious inconsistancies. Writing and.. more..

Writing
K-20 K-20

A Poem by Mark


This Son Of God This Son Of God

A Poem by Mark



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Old Old

A Poem by Muse


Thoughts Thoughts

A Poem by Tate Morgan