Refreshed

Refreshed

A Poem by Mark

I drop my claw into the spine of the silvery mouse

And aim his yellow tooth skyward,

Bringing it to rest upon the square where live the two arrows.

Tapping now his left ear,

my life leaps to an earlier day, as

An horrific week is voided,

And Sanity subtly seeks to re-infuse my Soul...

Now may all whom my madness has injured

Similarly seek and find the sweet solace

Of the Refresh button.

 

© 2009 Mark


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A clever but more so, a cleansing post that says more than a tome, my friend. We should all have a Refresh button, and when I say 'all', I mean that. We all hiccup through life.

Beautiful wisdom, Mark: 'And Sanity subtly seeks to re-infuse my Soul...'

I was once told to think of SELF as being like a heart - made from sections, each doing good for most of the time, but playing tantrums now and again. The thing to remember is that in the end, it's the wholeness that matters.

As always, your post is an example of what and how to write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A refreshing revisit... Such a softly tender write that reaches deep inside yourself as well as to those around you... those who need a touch of profound peace and refreshing rain... Beautiful expression... If only we all could reach out this way...


Posted 13 Years Ago


Very clever indeed, I had to think about what was going on for a minute before I had the sudden realization of what you were aiming at. Subtle indeed!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Poetry for the 21st century. I wonder what a poet from a hundred years ago would think of this. Refresh button? Yellow tooth?

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol
Yes, see what you mean love!
Excellent wording here, I am speechless and blown away! Very cool xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very clever. I like this the way it flows and the imagery. I love the refresh button it helps on so many different levels.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love the type of poems that creep up on you, and although you don't have to dig for them or orchestrate your life's philosophy into their lines, they end up telling more about you than any piece could. We got a window into your world, it's a brilliant write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh wow, this is brilliant! When I read the first line I was like "Aww, how cute! A kitty poem!" But the more I read I realized that wasn't so.
A simple subject, yet deeper than the Atlantic~ Amazing =]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1078 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 15, 2009

Author

Mark
Mark

Las Vegas, NV



About
Writing, for me, has always been the friend who brought out the best in me, and who would never argue with me, except when necessary to point out my many obvious inconsistancies. Writing and.. more..

Writing
K-20 K-20

A Poem by Mark


This Son Of God This Son Of God

A Poem by Mark



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Watcher Watcher

A Poem by Mark