Six, Redux

Six, Redux

A Poem by Mark
"

Originally a contribution to one of Emma's poems, I felt it good enough to have a life unto itself.

"
Via my eyes, into my brain
Filtered by heart, recorded by fingers
The love and the loss of you
The false not less than the true
Matters naught: yet commingled lingers
The Joy and the Despair, the Passion and the Pain...

© 2011 Mark


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes, it has a life of its own, with the focus seemingly inwards and onto the couplet at the heart of it with you/true being the pivot of it all. I also like the wording, including 'naught' and 'commingled.' Well executed and laden with feeling.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This just speaks of life.. the moments and movements that carry us all over the sweet and the sour... yes.. the passion and the pain. Life is a mingling of all, and we hope more good than bad, though into every life a little rain must fall. Profoundly spoken, my friend!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Divine wording! This is something special! Such a balance! Wow! xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


This almost sounded like ShakeSpear, such tragedy and beauty.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh, how six lines can say so much. A most subtle and melancholy poem of love and loss. Just beautiful Mark!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Can't believe that one of my scribbles led to you writing this beautiful but sad, sad poem! As always, this work has certain subtleties: distinct respect for form plus, careful yet flowing wording.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yes, 'tis good enough to stand on its own and says volumes about how love and loss holds memory of the joy, and passion of a precious relationship!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 30, 2011
Last Updated on July 30, 2011

Author

Mark
Mark

Las Vegas, NV



About
Writing, for me, has always been the friend who brought out the best in me, and who would never argue with me, except when necessary to point out my many obvious inconsistancies. Writing and.. more..

Writing
K-20 K-20

A Poem by Mark


This Son Of God This Son Of God

A Poem by Mark



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..