Married to McDonald's

Married to McDonald's

A Story by Mark George
"

A woman kicks her husband out after discovering his infidelity. Never mind that the "other woman" is a fast food chain we all know and love.

"

Married to McDonalds

 

 

-Honey, I’m home.

 

-Late again, as usual.

 

-Sorry, dear...we had a late drive-through rush.

 

-Yeah, yeah.

 

-The fry-machine broke, too.

 

-You used that one last week.

 

-But…

 

-Forget it, George, you’re a liar.

 

-I’m not lying. I’m just dedicated to my job.

 

-More like married. Married to damned McDonald’s!  I feel like a wife who’s constantly cheated on!

 

-That’s crazy.

 

-Oh yeah? What about the time I caught you eating Big Macs in the bathroom after telling me you didn’t want to have sex because your stomach hurt?

 

-I was hungry.

 

-Uh-huh…how about when I caught you calling the McDonald’s hotline while I was sleeping?  I didn’t even know there was a McDonald’s hotline!

 

-It’s for corporate and customer service questions.

 

-So you needed to call it at 3am?

 

-…

 

-What about the time you spent our vacation money on a fry machine?  I know you stole cooking oil and raw fries from your own store, too!

 

-I paid for those things.

 

-No, you didn’t. You stole from your little w***e, McDonald’s, Inc.

 

-Don’t talk about her that way!

 

-You’re pathetic!  We’re done, George.(hastily gathers clothes and shoves them in a suitcase.)

 

-(Hands her a bag of Kid’s Meal toys)

 

-Are those stolen, too?

 

-No, I…

 

-Bye, George (wife leaves slamming the front door)

 

-Oh God…what have I done? My wife has left me! I’m gonna need two McRibs and an extra-large Coke to get through this night.

 

 

© 2020 Mark George


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on September 20, 2020
Last Updated on September 20, 2020
Tags: humor, funny

Author

Mark George
Mark George

Tulsa, OK



About
Mark George and his family live in Oklahoma, where the wind goes sweeping down the plain, sometimes causing tornadoes. These monsters are terrifying, but if you have a safe space you're going to survi.. more..

Writing