Dogs of War

Dogs of War

A Story by Mark George
"

Cats up a tree wait for the opportune time to make their escape. Wait for it...sniff...wait for it...sniff sniff sniff.

"

General Rover: Our ranks in the eastern yards are being decimated.  The cats are on the move and I’m beginning to think that nothing can stop them.

 

General Spot: I understand your concerns; the cat is a crafty enemy, but remember one thing.

 

General Rover: What is that?

 

General Spot: Cats are weak. They may be tactically-minded, but when it comes right down to it they’re egotistical pussycats. Narcissism is their blind spot as well as our key to victory.  

 

General Rover: What about the cats’ newly forged alliances with the squirrels, gophers, and mice?

 

General Spot: Rover, at times it seems we’re alone in this war, but don’t forget: animals love a winner. If we can defeat these vile pussycats we will regain those lost alliances.

 

General Rover: Don’t look now, but there are two cats  approaching at five o’clock. Get ready, Spot.

 

General Spot: I’m ready.

 

(A chase ensues with meowing and barking and running around in circles until the two cats streak up a nearby elm tree, finding a high branch on which to perch. With Cheshire grins the cats sit side-by-side watching the dogs panting below)

 

General Spot: (out of breath) They’ll have to come down eventually.

 

General Rover: (gasping) We’ll wait ‘em out.

 

(Later, while discussing battle plans, General Spot got curious)

 

General Spot: (sniffs General Rover’s butt) What did you eat today?

 

General Rover: (sniffs General Spot’s butt) A few doggie biscuits, what did you eat today?

 

(During the butt-sniffing moment the cats sprinted down the tree and escaped over a fence to the safety of Cat Headquarters)

 

General Rover: D****t  to hell!

 

General Spot: Told you they were crafty.

 

 

© 2020 Mark George


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well written, i got a few chuckles out of this, thanx for putting it up.

Posted 10 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
1 Review
Added on November 8, 2020
Last Updated on November 9, 2020
Tags: humor, funny

Author

Mark George
Mark George

Tulsa, OK



About
Mark George and his family live in Oklahoma, where the wind goes sweeping down the plain, sometimes causing tornadoes. These monsters are terrifying, but if you have a safe space you're going to survi.. more..

Writing