Mystic Falls

Mystic Falls

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Three

“So you’re vampires…” I started stupidly after Tyler introduced me to my vampire housemates, Jacob and Elliot, there was apparently a girl too but she wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

“You’re the werewolf.” Jacob stated obviously not the one that had agreed to this.

“No…” I shook my head and Jacob turned quickly away from his bar. “My mom was human and I didn’t get the werewolf gene.”

“Are you sure that our house is safe?” Elliot asked looking pointedly at Jacob but I saw that Jacob was putting blood in a cup instead of the alcohol I had thought was going into it. There was alcohol in his bar too though that could be seen easily.

“I trust that you’ll keep her safe.” Tyler told Elliot and he nodded. “Then I’m going to find Lisa.”

“I’ve got to go meet Alena.” Elliot looked between me and Jacob.

“I’ll be nice, brother.” Jacob held his hands up, “Come with me, Miss…” he trailed off obviously having forgotten my name.

“Anabelle Lee.” I told him.

“Ana.” He nodded leading me upstairs.

“Fine but you’re Jake.” I decided and he shrugged.

“You’re room…” he gestured and my breath caught as I looked around. “I’ll leave you to unpack.” He was clearly uncomfortable in the room as he ran out of it. I opened the first drawer and found gorgeous clothes from all centuries.

I followed his steps going into the basement only I found his hands covering his face, “What’s wrong?” I whispered placing a hand on his shoulder and he immediately sat up.

“It’s not the room… you’ll share that with Elliot’s best friend… it’s you.” He told me and I flinched, “Have you ever heard of doppelgangers?”

“In books.” I nodded, “You look exactly like somebody else right?”

“Yes and you are a doppelganger of a vampire… probably why you didn’t change into a werewolf… the doppelganger of an old lover… Elliot’s old lover.” He corrected at my face, “She’s the reason we are vampire though… Elliot wouldn’t change without his big bubby.” He laughed now, “He can hardly stand me now and I just got back.”

“Where were you?”

“A little bit of everywhere.” He laughed.

“You don’t scare me.” I warned him and he backed up some. He’d slowly been moving closer to me since I’d gotten there. “So why does it disturb you that I look so much like the lady that…”

“She’s no lady she’s a wench.” Jacob warned me.

“Who’s this?” A girl that sounded like me asked and when I turned I was staring at my exact image and she was staring at me… “Where’d you get her?”

“Tyler.” Jacob answered shortly pulling me behind him but I couldn’t help but look at her. Her hair was straight and mine hung in the curls that I was oh so proud of but other than that you couldn’t separate us.

“I won’t kill my daughter.” She whispered trying to come over.

“Does every child in my family look exactly like me?” Another woman asked but by Tyler’s stance I knew I was now staring at his maker. “My name Ilia and I’m your grandmother and this is Shia. Your mother.” Shia came out like Shee-ya.

“How?” I whispered.

“I wasn’t the only lover of Ilia.” Elliot said coming in.

“Elliot!” Shia, or my mom I guessed, smiled excitedly.

“Leave her alone you two.” Elliot requested.

“We wouldn’t even do that if Jacob asked.” Ilia laughed.

“Good thing I’m not asking then.” Jacob warned in a voice that even scared me.

“Elliot?!” A new voice yelled.

“Stay up there Alena!” He called back, “I’m dealing with something!”

“We shall visit later.” Shia promised me and they ran up the stairs with Elliot following.

“Ilia is very jealous and she doesn’t care about family. You are the only innocent doppelganger in this town and I plan to keep it that way.” Jacob warmed me, “Stay away from those two.”

“Why do you care?” I whispered.

“I’m not sure… I usually don’t but…” He trailed off shaking his head.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on March 10, 2013
Last Updated on March 10, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell