Healing

Healing

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Thirteen

“No.” I snapped even though I knew he could smell the blood. “I want you to…” I trailed off as he picked me up careful to not cause more pain. “Pearl.” I whispered reaching for her. She took my hand and walked backwards into the house.

“I could try…” Pearl started.

“She has an allergic reaction to my blood. It’s like she’s a newborn werewolf.”

“Benjamin.” Tyler said coming in. “He made it where she wouldn’t become werewolf but…”

“Magic can only change so much of a person’s DNA.” Pearl finished for him and I looked between the two of them. “We’ve been trying to find you, Bell.” Pearl whispered and I looked confusedly up at Jacob.

“You have no idea how long you were gone for?” he whispered.

“A couple hours.” I told him painfully.

“She must have lost consciousness while Benjamin possessed her.” Lexi spoke up.

“I don’t like to think about him having her for so long.” Tyler and Jacob spoke at the same time.

“How long?” I forced while Elliot sewed my chest back up.

“A month.” Lisa whispered and I turned to her.

“How are you?” I whispered she’d thought she was pregnant when I left.

“We’ll talk about it later.” She nodded and I knew that it was a yes.

“What are you going…?”

“It’s was negative.” Lisa promised me. It was just us girls; Lisa, Pearl, Alena, Lexi, and me; and we were all up in Jacob’s room it was obvious that he wasn’t going to let me sleep in Lexi’s room but I didn’t really want to stay there tonight anyway.

“So we’re all good?” I asked looking right at Pearl.

“I have the rest of the night.” She told me pointedly and I just shook my head.

“Okay you guys I let you stay in here and talk for a while but now Ana needs to sleep.” Jacob said coming in.

“Pearl!” I called but the effort made me flinch and when she turned Jacob shook his head letting her know he wasn’t okay with us talking anymore. “Jake, I just have one question.” I begged him and so he nodded.

“Make it quick.” He ordered.

“Fine.” I sighed, “Pearl just come tell me what you decide.”

“You know I will.” She promised. “I’ll tell you before even he knows.”

“Now will you go back to sleep?” Jacob requested holding me close.

“I’ll lay here but I’m not sleepy.” I warned him and he just smiled before kissing me softly.

“Do you need more blood?” he whispered.

“No I just want to…” I trailed off, “No I don’t need more blood.” I decided and he just tightened his arm.

“Hey…” Pearl whispered coming in that night, “Is she still…?”

“I’m up.” I told her pulling myself up when Jacob saw what I was trying he gently helped me sit up holding me up with his arm.

“I’m meeting Tyler in a second.” Pearl told me, “I just wanted to let you know.” I smiled widely and hugged her as tight as I could.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on March 10, 2013
Last Updated on March 10, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell