A Movie Premier

A Movie Premier

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell
"

Chapter Four

"

A Movie Premier

“What’s this we hear about you dating the Prince of Italy, Cleo?!” a reporter yelled.

“Are you two really getting married?!”

“Why aren’t you answering the questions?!” reporters kept throwing them at me as we finished the walk.

“Are you engaged Cleo?!” A reporter yelled and I was suddenly filled with the desire to be engaged I mean Damon and I both knew we would end up together we loved each other already. What was the wait?

“We will be one day.” He promised in my ear catching onto my thoughts.

“It better be soon.” I said a little too loudly and everybody looked at us as we continued to the showing.

“When would be soon enough for you?” he continued to whisper with a smile in his voice.

“Now,” I whispered back.

“Nope when I ask you to marry me it will be a surprise and you won’t be expecting it at all anymore.”

“Well great I’ll be fifty when we get engaged.” He chuckled and kissed me softly as we sat down.

“The movie was great we should get together and sing sometime.” Miranda Lambert smiled.

“Thanks that’d be great here’s my number.” I smiled happily.

“Cleo you make such a gorgeous Juliet and changing Shakespeare’s work into country music that could only be done by a great singer. Maybe one day I’ll be opening for you.” Reba smiled.

“I don’t think you’d ever open for me.” I laughed, “Even if I did by some miracle make it in the singing business the only chance I’d have is opening for you.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure your voice is beautiful and you are too and talented.” She shook her head and hugged me, “Please call me if you ever want to do a duet.”

We finally made it through the theater and outside, “Finally!” Micajah exclaimed and I smiled at him as I leaned into Damon.

“Prince Damon and Cleo!!!” the reporters started at us and Micajah sighed tiredly as sick of this as I was. Damon pulled me closer and ignoring all of the reporters’ questions we got into the limo quickly and I collapsed into his hold.

“It doesn’t help those questions when you two are so close!!” Mom yelled at me, “I told you this afternoon that I wanted you to take a break!!!”

“And I told you that I wasn’t willing to do that!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed and everybody looked at me worriedly.

“Relax Cleo…” Damon whispered in my ear holding me tighter and starting to massage my shoulders.

“I’m sorry Mom.” I whispered.

“I really think you two should break up.” She told me.

“Well nobody cares what you think!!!!!!” Edlyn yelled and I leaned back into Damon making it impossible for him to massage my shoulders but he seemed to understand that I needed his hold more than the massage so he just held me tight while we listened to Edlyn and Mom scream at each other using us as a reason.

“I’m going to Damon’s for the night.” I announced after debating the whole ride home whether I’d rather listen to fighting the whole night or risk Damon finding out about the chest pains I’d been having.

“It’s been a while since you’ve done that.” Damon smiled in my ear.

“You don’t mind right? I just can’t stay here with the fighting tonight.” I checked.

“In case the smile in my voice didn’t give it away…” He started when we were in his car and then when he’d made sure both Mom and Dad were safely inside he leaned over the armrest and…

“What?” I asked when he didn’t lean over any farther than his half of the armrest.

“I can’t get past this half of the armrest.” He explained and I grabbed my cellphone.

“Daddy!” I snapped when he answered, “I want you to get rid of the spell now.”

“I had to do something to make sure you went to sleep tonight.” He argued.

“Trust me like you did before…” I trailed off just shaking my head remembering all the times I’d gone to Damon’s when no matter how hard I was trying to stay up to finish our movie I fell asleep. “It stops now Daddy. I don’t want spells used on me.”

“Let’s try this…” Damon just trailed off and wrapped his arms around me realizing how tired I really was. “This isn’t from a spell either so don’t tell me that.” He warned.

“Fine it wears me out listening to people fight.” I sighed but then I smiled up at him, “Can we just get married and then the only people I have to listen to fight will be us?” I begged.

“I told you I’ll propose when you aren’t expecting it.”

“Would me proposing be out of the…?” I just trailed off at his face and nodded, “I won’t propose then. I’ll somehow learn how to be patient.”

“Thank you, Cleo.” Damon whispered and then he just held me. 



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on March 12, 2013
Last Updated on March 12, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell